Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander-12 Nav install wire question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander-12 Nav install wire question

Hi

I'm going to install a Pioneer Avic F30bt Nav. I bought all that its needed for my install. My harness has 4 wires that I have to manually fix myself.

Green/Wire - Park brake
Purple/White wire - Reverse
Pink Wire- Speedpulse
Blue/White Wire - Amp remote

Where are these wires in my outlander situated and which color are they in the car (are they different colors)?

Sorry for my English..

Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM

This would help:

It is from ebay. You can match the wire using it.

Originally Posted by chavabunga
Hi

I'm going to install a Pioneer Avic F30bt Nav. I bought all that its needed for my install. My harness has 4 wires that I have to manually fix myself.

Green/Wire - Park brake
Purple/White wire - Reverse
Pink Wire- Speedpulse
Blue/White Wire - Amp remote

Where are these wires in my outlander situated and which color are they in the car (are they different colors)?

Sorry for my English..

Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 AM

Thanks, seems that I only need to know speedpulse wire color and where it is?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Default Amp remote??

Tried to install my Pioneer Avic F30Bt this weekend but got no sound Seems maybe that this have something to do with Rockford Fosgate and the Amp remote wire??

I thought from the beginning that the amp remote wire from the harness was to connect with pin 7 or pin 17 on C-14 but these pins are already occupied from the harness ctkmt01. I also measured these volt settings on pin 7 and 17 with a multimeter (do you call it that)?

I don't know what to do PLZ somebody help. Maybe I also should check the fuse on the amp, where is the amp fuse?

Picture better quality Imageshack - ctsmt001harness.jpg

By the way thanks Claude_A

Jörgen

Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi Outlander-12 Nav install wire question-ctsmt001harness.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 03:25 PM

you may need the interface to power up the amplifier.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
you may need the interface to power up the amplifier.
Yes I think so also after a bit of research, I feel stupid not to understand this before Does the MITO-02 fit -12 outlander? Are there any other solution besides the MITO-02?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM

I am almost 100% sure its exactly the same. They would have to have a new stereo for 2012 models even though they revamped the stereo/NAV for 2010 model year. Even when they did that, it still didn't change the amp activation signal.

I see you are using a "ctkmt01" adapter instead of a MITO-02. I haven't heard of it before, so I have no idea how it works. I just installed a MITO-02, SWI-RC (not SWI-PS), and AVH-P2300DVD on Wednesday and it worked just fine.

Do you have a link to the manual for the "ctkmt01"?
The MITO-02 doesn't use the spare connector for NAV you are trying to connect, instead it provides VSS/brake/reverse signal itself. I think you are perhaps sending voltage to what is an output from your ctkmt01 box and perhaps causing it not to work.

FYI, make sure you connect to the stereos "amp activation" wire to both the input to trigger your amp device (i.e MITO-02) AND the Outlander's radio signal amplifier if you want decent radio signal.

Last edited by ivanz; 01-16-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 AM

I was in contact with my Mitsubishi dealer today about harness and mito-2 for an outlander he did not know anything at all about anything

He suggested that i call Pioneer and see if they had some harness for the installation because it's a Pioneer navigation. I called Pioneer and they told me that THEY HAVE a harness for the outlander with Rockford Fosgate system. It's called CA-R-RF.001. He did not know anything else or the look of the harness. I order one and will have it tomorrow, so I will be back with some pictures of it. I'm getting rather tired of not get this to work, when I spend my free evenings stuck in my outie when it's -5 celsius here in Sweden freezing my butt off

Last edited by chavabunga; 01-17-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM

that's sounds promising~~ keep us updated

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander-12 Nav install wire question