Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo Organizer Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo Organizer Review

I finally receivedthe cargoorganizer for my 2007 Outlander this morning.

Let's look at her bottom first. Please note that the seperate velcro tapes are not part of the package.

The next thing I noticed is that the 3 male velcro stripes are not aligned to the plastic rails on the vehicle cargo cover. I had to coverthe two males on each sidewith female stripes so that they won't scracth the cargo cover. I also puta stripe of femalevelcro on the center rail:

Yet another surprise to me, the male hooks areway too small for the females on the cargo. They need to be replaced by a pair of lager ones later.

Here is the final installation after these little modifications and some effort in playing with the two little hooks:

Pros:
[ol][*]Foldable and removable,[*]With aMitsubishi logo on it,[*]Neat look.[/ol]

Cons:
[ol][*]Not specially designed for 2007 Outlander,velcro stripes on the bottom not aligned to the cargo plastic rails, though thismay be aPro for other models/years.[*]Small hooks difficult to use,[*]Not shipped with female velcro,[*]Quite expensive, 44.88 + 3.95 handling/shipping = $47.83.[/ol]
I give it an overallscore of 3.5 out of 5.

PS:
I ordered this stuffonline 3 weeks ago after knowing this vendor in another post in this forum. However, they ran out stock until this week.

http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the vendor in any way.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo Organizer Review

Felicidades por tu organizador, solucionaste de gran manera los inconvenientes que se presentaron.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 AM

I just order mine 2 days ago from the same place I'm waiting now it's good that you did a little review on it at least I know what to do with mine when I get it ..

Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 AM

I just got the same organizer from the same place yesterday.

My observations.

I did not experience any problems with the hooks fitting on the tie downs.
I did not even notice the velcro on the bottom. It doesn't matter for me, asI have the cargo tray as well, so it is sitting on plastic anyway.

Pros:
Bigger than I expected it to be. (ie. holds more stuff)
Folds up nicely for storage
Can be easiler removedand relocated to rear seat with items in it to allow use of the full cargo area
Can be installed to either the front or rear of the cargo area using the factory tiedowns.

Cons:
Sides not as rigid as I expected. (bulges when filled with stuff)

Unknowns:
Will bulging cause snaps to come unsnapped on dividers with time?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:21 PM

I thought about getting one of those organizers, but since I added the rear cargo carpeted floor mat things don't slide around as much as they used to on the plastic rails. Plus I can turn it upside down so the rubber side is up to protect the carpet.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM

nice review, looks nice a nice addition if you use the trunk quite a bit for smaller items.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:47 PM

great stuff, I have one on order, along with cargo tray and mat

Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM

just got mine and I don't know how you gave it 3.5/5, it's perfectly fine for outlander and velcro are not needed for outlander (said that in the manual) it's for sedans

Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

just got mine and I don't know how you gave it 3.5/5, it's perfectly fine for outlander and velcro are not needed for outlander (said that in the manual) it's for sedans
Please read my mini-review again and you know why I rated it 3.5/5
I don't buy the manual at all. Look at the pictures and your cargo cover youself. You're going to notice the male velcro strips on the bottom of the organizer scratch thecargo cover if you don't cover them with females.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM

male velcro is there for a reason - to attach storageto the carpet in sedans. I wouldn't worry about scratching anything it's a trunk afterall unless you bought an SUV to keep it in a show room condition then I rest my case. Btw, I also got cargo tray and it solves your "scratching issue"

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo Organizer Review