Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitusbishi Outlander Model years 2005-present

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Default Mitusbishi Outlander Model years 2005-present

I am in the market for an Outlander 2005-2008

I have a question about certain specs..

Do the newer Outlanders come with an AUX input? I have noticed that this is not a standard feature in a lot of Mitsubishi cars , It is a simple thing but Something I use as I like to listen to pod casts streaming from my android phone. in My 2005 Gallant I had to install an FM modulator. This work around does not render the best audio output.

So do any of the newer Mitsubishi Outlander offer an AUX Plug?

Als0 does the Outlander XLS have blue-tooth?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM

The '07 & '08 is the 2nd generation while '05 & '06 is the first...so depending on which generation you want, that will narrow down your years.

I think the XLS has bluetooth. I have the LS and have the button for bluetooth on my steering wheel, but I do not have the module. I'm pretty sure they do not come with an aux in stock, but I think someone has found how to add one. Hopefully someone with an XLS an back me up. You could always upgrade the stereo to a unit with bluetooth. There is a whole thread about interesting chinese radios that do have aux inputs w/ bluetooth that do not look like aftermarket units.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM

My 2008 LS came with AUX input stock. All XLS in Canada have bluetooth, while LS have it pre-wired. It various by country...

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
The '07 & '08 is the 2nd generation while '05 & '06 is the first...so depending on which generation you want, that will narrow down your years.

I think the XLS has bluetooth. I have the LS and have the button for bluetooth on my steering wheel, but I do not have the module. I'm pretty sure they do not come with an aux in stock, but I think someone has found how to add one. Hopefully someone with an XLS an back me up. You could always upgrade the stereo to a unit with bluetooth. There is a whole thread about interesting chinese radios that do have aux inputs w/ bluetooth that do not look like aftermarket units.
Thank you for the reply.
I have a 2005 Galant and thought of adding an after market stereo head unit.. But I did not want to lose Steering wheel ocntrols of the head unit.
A local Mitsu dealer told me that if I was to replace the head unit my steering wheel control buttons would no longer work for the head unit..

Does anyone know if this is true?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
My 2008 LS came with AUX input stock. All XLS in Canada have bluetooth, while LS have it pre-wired. It various by country...
Stock AUX input! where is it located? center console?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes
Thank you for the reply.
I have a 2005 Galant and thought of adding an after market stereo head unit.. But I did not want to lose Steering wheel ocntrols of the head unit.
A local Mitsu dealer told me that if I was to replace the head unit my steering wheel control buttons would no longer work for the head unit..

Does anyone know if this is true?
I do not think that is true for the Outlander:
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29

I have never used one of these, but there are a few models of the PAC, depending on what brand of radio you use.

There is a unit for your '05 galant, but it only adds bluetooth/cell phone integration.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 PM

My 09 LS has the RCA sockets low down at the rear of the console as standard.