Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS : Error message

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Check PM
Thanks a lot, Vadimus!!! Well received and understood.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Benckj
Sounds like you have corrupt sectors on the HDD. If you can read disk through Linux maybe try to unlock them copy files off so can run a disk repair program.

Jim
Thank you!
For my HDD, I agree that it may have corrupt sectors. I will try over this week-end with a friend of mine to make a copy of it before doing anything else. And then I will try with one of the 3 options proposed by Vadimus with a new HDD.
For the HDD of my friend which now has the same error message than mine all the time (now mine only when power on in the car and then the error message disappear and it's ok, except the strange message with the "CDDB update" written at the bottom of the screen), I think something else occured. But I asked him to get out the battery at least 30 min as first step.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
Definately get the versions of the two units from under the joysticks on the bottom right off the front of them e.g. E-01
It may help. Especially if the other is an import as they will have different HDD passwords therefore locking the other out.
But sounds like corruption rather than that.

First read I had a few ideas but will need to read again. The device keeps things in memory using the constant power line into the device. So something corrupted\incorrect has been transferred to the new HDD.
Depowering the device for me is at least 10 minutes to be successful. Vadimus has advised 30 minutes to others in the past.

Things that come to mind at the mo are listed below - but dwell on them for now and don't rush into things

1. Loading file is only read and nothing is saved back to the file so that will be ok.
2. Screen Data etc is only populated when cleared out or an update run - possibly not that
3. The new HDD from your friend sounds like a different model that is why you didn't get all the settings shown
4. CCDB maybe corrupt if you can try and update it - later though after some troubshooting Download MITSUBISHI MOTORS
5. The password if different between the device has security locked the HDD - luckily this is recoverable
6. your device is poked and corrupting hard drives.

Vadimus: Would be good to have your advise on the fourum so we don't screw this up more by giving different advice.
Thanks! Yes, I asked my friend to depower the device at least 30 min. I will keep you updated with the result when done.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Benckj
Would be nice to have a source for HDD's to pre-program and install into MMCS's. Where is a good place to buy these as I've checked my local PC suppliers and nothing listed?

Somthing like this work: Kingspec 32GB 2.5" IDE PATA SSD MLC HDD Solid State Disk Hard Drive for Notebook Laptop Wholesale, free shipping #161098-in Internal Solid State Disks(SSD) from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Take it going with a SSD would be more relaible and faster than disk?
Thank you, Jim. If nothing else worked before this step, I will buy a new HDD.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
I agree. Also possibly slightly diff issues
@scumont:
Can you confirm the exact message of your friends MMCS with his own HDD installed. I.e. Ring and get him to read it to you and add here.

Thanks!
Yes, I called him, he was in his car and I do confirm that the exact message of my friend's MMCS with his own HDD intalled is the same as mine, i.e.: "It's difficult to read the hard disk. Wait for a while until the hard disk is restored".
Difference between the two of us. Mine is now working after loading this message when power on in the car. His HDD now always stays with this error message and nothing else.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sresky
Shouldn't work at all if they are different region MMCS, from what I can read you didn't do a cold boot - what revision MMCS are they both?

Thanks!
My car is 261EM. My friend's car bought also in 2009 here in France as new car to Citroën dealer.
Sorry to ask... Coldboot has nothing to do with depowering the device at least during 30 min?
+ What do you mean by "revision"?
I attached some pictures of my MMCS system.
Concerning my friend's MMCS, he is not able to read the HDD anymore so unfortunately I do not have any info...

Old 11-14-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
For your friends drive.... Did you connect the drive directly to the computer and not via USB?
If so your Friends drive is most probably security locked.
If you connect again but boot with xboxHDDUnlock boot CD and enter the unlockhd -p <password> you will probably see "Security count expired Yes".
If so there is a fix. so confirm first.
Thanks!
Before being aware that to read the HDD, I had to unlock them: I tried to read the two HDD under Linux by connecting them to the computer with a cable (IDE for one side and USD the opposite side).
When he will give me his HDD back, I can try your proposal to see if I get the message "Security count expired Yes".

Old 11-14-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by sresky
Start by making sure the HDD's are with the right vehicle

Then disconnect battery for 30 mins to be safe put HDD in and reconnect battery - try this on both vehicles. Let me know how you get on..
Thank you!

I do confirm that I'm 100% sure that the HDD's are with the right vehicules because:
1/ I put our respective names on them when getting them out
2/ Even if I had made a mistake with #1, I can see MY musics in my car ;-)

So I disconnected this afternoon the battery of my car (so with my HDD) during 2 hours, since time, and contrary to the test I made disconnecting but only three minutes: When power on again, I could see some messages "loadind data", "checking screen data", "screen data check has been completed. Restarting". But then... Still the same error message appeared : "It's difficult to read the hard disk, wait for a while until the DD is restored".
So exactly the same than before depowering it during two hours. This error message stays during 2 minutes and then it's ok with the MMCs (except this info concerning "CDDB update" - See picture Number 5).

Old 11-15-2014, 05:40 AM
HJB

So everyone. Shall we discuss SCUMONT updating his CDDB (Better search for a French link for an update) at this stage as this may have the corruption. The only thing is that if it is disk issues on the CDDB partition and the update fails it may cause the unit not to load. I can test by stopping an update on a spare disk or even deleting parts of the CDDB to see what happens.... in a few days time though as my wife has the outlander and is away...unless one you others can do it sooner.
At least this error will be removed out of the equation if it works.
Ultimately it will be SCUMONT final decision, but let's get opinions on it.

Vadimus.... You have a unit on a breadboard/workbench scenario...if you tell me which wires you use from which plug for the power and ground I can power up and old unit.
I used to have a wiring diagram somewhere, will have to search...

Last edited by HJB; 11-15-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 AM

Dear HJB, and Dear great Members ,

Thanks for your answers and analysis.

Hard to understand your thoughts as I have any knowledge with computers except with MS pack office ☹. A friend of mine will try to help me unlocking my HDD.

But I’m learning a lot thanks to your posts, especially the great post “how to unlock MMCS” with its 59 pages which I read 2 times…

So for sure, I need your help but and I therefore thank you if you could please validate my next steps until further any clues for what’s happening with my HDD and my friend’s HDD…

Here-under my plans with the two HDDs:
1: Depowering battery system during at least 30 min. DONE: result: pb remains the same
2: Doing the same but removing the HDD during this operation (I let the HDD during this operation but I read afterwards somewhere we had to pull out the HDD during it and put it again just before repowering battery) => TO BE DONE ?
If the problems remain the same:
3: Try to unlock MMCS and to clone it with all the files on another bigger hard disk system
3-1: If unlock is ok:
3-1a: wait until further instructions from you after some tests before trying to only update the CDDB systems (with the procedure described on Mitsubishi website)
Then, according to your tests/advices:
3-1b: remove (?)/modify the partition in relation with “music’s” to check if root cause comes from CDDB system (like the error message I have on my MMCS screen on picture #5 makes me thinks about it)
3-1c: try to repair/reformat my HDD with some program in case some sectors in the HDD are damaged (but which program?) and after this, to copy again my clone on it
3-2: If unlock is nok or if all points mentioned above fail:
3-2a: Does someone can provide me with a clone of the files which can run again my MMCS (European version)?
3-2b: If yes, but still doesn’t work after copying them on the two HDDs, my only chance would be to choose one of three options of Vadimus by buying one or two new HDDs and to copy the files on it.
=> Do you confirm these are the right steps to follow?

Also, I have some questions:
a) I read somewhere that MENU + INFO buttons make a reboot of the MMCS. Does this equal to depower battery during 30 min? If not, shall I try this reboot?
b) I read somewhere that the files on HDDs were different and not compatible between Outlander and C Crosser. Is that true?
c) To unlock the HDD: is it a specific soft or is it the same than for the xbox? If such, do I need the Windows or Linux version?
d) To copy/clone of the HDD: Do you have any recommendation for Windows or Linux softwares?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Have a nice Sunday!

Sabine

Quick Reply: MMCS : Error message