Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Default RE: MMCS Feature Requests

Shpunt, I bought my MMCS in Long Beach, CA, in September of 2007, and all the updates and modifications that I have made to my Out have been inspired by this forum. . .

Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 AM

I subscribe to sbessel's opinion. A list of "what can be done" is much better than a list o whishes.
Some of them are not done by MMCS' software and some of them requires a new rewritten software, not only with a few bits altered.
Basically, and Otaku can correct me if I'm wrong, by altering the current software, the MMCS will run without restrictions, but will NOT run thing which are not ALREADY on disk.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

I subscribe to sbessel's opinion. A list of "what can be done" is much better than a list o whishes.
Some of them are not done by MMCS' software and some of them requires a new rewritten software, not only with a few bits altered.
Basically, and Otaku can correct me if I'm wrong, by altering the current software, the MMCS will run without restrictions, but will NOT run thing which are not ALREADY on disk.
True enough..
But putting things into the image is not beyond the realms of possibility..

Hmm.
Other things that have been mentioned:

DVD region free.
Ability to use any hard drive. ( Or is this sorted now ? )
I could also prevent the drive from being locked by the sw, probably.

Can anyone supply hi-res pics of the boards and enclosure ?

Old 05-30-2008, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Otaku

But putting things into the image is not beyond the realms of possibility..
I didn't say is not possible, but someone has to write them
You can't just search on Google for SH4 applications
One thing we could add to the wish list is to make the unit read DVD MP3, and to allow reading MP3 from hdd....
The next battle will be 'how to transfer MP3 on your MMCS' disk.
By the way, Otaku, have noticed the shell ? I wonder you you could run it

Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 AM

*ahem*
Grandmother, suck eggs, what ?

Happy friday, Y'all..

Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM

By the way, Otaku, have noticed the shell ? I wonder you you could run it
yupyup, you could : but I don't see SIP enabled in the image, so you'd not be able to _do_ anything..
atb.
O

Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Otaku

*ahem*
Grandmother, suck eggs, what ?

Happy friday, Y'all..

Once you open this box of Pandora, you will amazed by what the people will want to run on their unit )

Happy friday, you too
Costin

Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM

As the message clearly gives a blank sheet,there are numerous "features" that I could think of. However, I will limit this list for everyone's sake.

Dimming - This is mentioned earlier, and it would be nice to have more flexibility, such as a time each day that the display is dimmable with headlights on(i.e. 30 mins after sunset or configurable set time) so that lights can be used in poor driving conditions during the day without having to manually undim the screen.

MP3s able to copy from CD/DVD - Also mentioned before.

Altitude - resolution of altitude readings is very course, would be nice to have 5 ft accuracy and maybe even an elevation grade meter (in %).

Even better would be a "Location/Status" screen that has all of the relevant real-time GPS and sensor info in a central location, such as Avg+Actual Speed, Avg+Act MPG, Lat/Long, Altitude+change, Heading, Miles till empty, etc. Have this on my laptop and use it quite a bit when I don't need to see a map of where I am going. This is not as much of a tweak as a significant mod and additional screen, but thought I'd chime in!

Graphs of temp, altitude, MPG, speed are all very small - can they each get their own screen and enlarged? Again, probably a significant mod.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM

One thing I'm planning to install nextis a Thermal Camera to the front Grill of the Car.
Flir PathfindIR : http://www.eurasia.flir.com/dve/

Currently I have the Rear View Camera also installed when I engage the rear gear. I would like to view the FRONT THERMAL Image when ever I feel like it. For example it would be great if there was a new new button like " FRONT CAM" next to RADIO, DVD, MUSIC SERVER buttons , and I would like to view the camera when ever I feel like it when I press the "Front Cam" button.

Is this also possible thru the AUX button ? But what if I want to use the AUX button for something else? Is this possible guys ?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 PM

The MMCS only has so many inputs... I'd say for the thermal camera, the simplest short-term solution is to just use the AUX inputs. Once the AUX-In-motion patch is released, you would just switch to it to view that camera. The only downside is, as you said, if you wanted AUX for something else (unless that something else is an iPod or mp3 player or somthing where you don't need video). The only downside to switching to AUX is you'll lose audio from Sirius or the music server while viewing it...

Quick Reply: MMCS Feature Requests