Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS shuts down along with various warnings

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Default MMCS shuts down along with various warnings

Lately while driving along normally, I hear a couple of clicks, the MMCS turns off and reboots while various error messages -- everything from ABS to ASC-- show up between the speedo and tachometer.

Today it happened as I was approaching a traffic light for a stop. After I stopped, I turned off the ignition, restarted the vehilce and everything operated normally.

Anybody have this type of problem?

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:47 AM

What mode was the MMCS in when it does this? Bluetooth audio, satellite radio, AM-FM, CD, Music Server or AUX in?

Old 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM

I would say that's not an MMCS. That's either battery, generator or wiring.

Latest version of ETACS Decoder is able to read saved but not triggering CEL errors, maybe it will give some information on misbehaving part.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have been extremely busy demolishing and rebuilding a leaking, tiled, stand-up shower in our en-suite bathroom. What a nightmare.

Anyway, the MMCS was in navigation mode, with the map on the screen.

This problem has only occurred once again since I made my first post, so this is a very intermittent problem. Nevertheless, I'd rather deal with it sooner rather than later, and during summer rather than winter.

Vadimus, because of the audible clicking, I too am inclined toward an electrical flaw such as those you describe. As soon as this shower project is finished I'll try EATCs and DiagBox to see what they "say" about the situation. If that doesn't help, I'll be back at the stealership for the third time in six months. Hopefully it will be covered under bumper to bumper, which runs out in late November.

Of course the very intermittent nature of this problem does not bode well for an easy solution at the stealership. The vehicle runs perfectly when the problem is not happening. And even then, the whole episode is over in just a few seconds. But, again, I'm hoping for an obvious problem that has an easy solution.