Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mud Guards at the dealership... WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: Mud Guards at the dealership... WTF??

making a note of it...lol
...wheels stay...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Default I think I put mine on wrong

So ya my mud guards suck check out the pics theres mud all over my car WTF!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Default RE: I think I put mine on wrong

wow, nice picture...

I am mostly getting it for winter slushy snow and wet sand. I don't think it will splash that high.

If you take your car off-road you may want to use one of the Ralli-Art style mud guards. They come with a metal adjuster to help deviate the mud away in the right direction... They are longer and wider, I can't find the right picture...

(the right ones have a metal plate and a chain at the bottom)

Old 09-17-2008, 12:33 AM

No mud guards would have helped where I was today the mud flaps where literally in the mud inself think I may have cracked one of them coming out of one of the ditches, cost of mud guard was worth laughing at my buddy in wrangler who got stuck following me granted he got stuck due to lack of experiance no the jeep

Old 09-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Your tires also look pretty worn out (it may be just the contrast in the picture).

Experience is everything, a buddy of mine spend over $2000 in the latest GPS equipment to go out and mud rally with some friends. I am not too sure where they went but the GPS got them lost for 5 hours. When they managed to find civilization again, they realized they had been reading the GPS data the wrong way...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:22 AM

The tires look worn cause i went out with my All Season tires on instead of my offroading tires. Was kinda a spur of the moment oh look it looks like that used to be a road lets see where i goes.

LoL first thing to know any equipment is it doesnt matter how good it is or how much it costs if you dont have a clue how to properly use it.

For those who are looking to take there outlanders offroading note that just because I take mine offroading with all seasons on it doesnt mean its a good idea. In fact its a extremely bad idea. It kills the life of the all seasons and your likely hood of getting stuck goes through the roof.

90% of the things I do to my car are most likely not a good idea unless you are 1 ready to get stuck in the middle of no where and 2 are not bothered by the idea of doing severe damage to your car.

Offroading is fun but even the best off roaders with the best equipment get dents and scratches and what not. And if you dont get dents and scratches all it means is your not pushing your car to the limit, and that next trail up the way that looks a little harder you can manage.

There is a reason you always bring a fire extinguisher with you off roading and no its not cause they look cool. Its cause you never know.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Default About the mud guards

A buddy of mine went to Ikea and got 4 red Ikea chopping boards for $2.50 each (the thin flexible ones). He cut them to fit his car and then went to the local hardware store and got reflective clear paint, two aluminum sheets and some small stainless steel screws & nuts (the type you see in scrapbooks) for $25. he cut the sheets in 8 thin strips, painted them with the clear coat, attached them to the chopping boards with the screws (one piece of aluminum on each side of the chopping board). When he was done they looked like the real $350 mud guards Mitsubishi Japan sells. I am impressed...

Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Default RE: About the mud guards

Shambala photos or ban thats the rule

Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Default RE: About the mud guards

mmm... that's gonna be hard cause he does not live in my area, I'll ask for pictures but don't count on it...

Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Default Thank you, Thank you....

Thank you to everyone who has put up with me and my non-stop questions about the mud guards and hood deflector.

As you know my dealership wanted a little over $540 (guards & hood) for me to buy these and have them installed.

However, thanks to the guys over at JEFF PHILLIPS MITSUBISHI (www.mitsupartsman.com). The cost of these parts came to a little over $175.

The installation was pretty fast and easy and surely saved me a lot of cash (I have gas money now...wahahahaha!!)

Again thanks to rcpax, azchipka and anybody who answered to the "Is it necessary to have mud guards installed on the Outlander? " post (https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_234982/tm.htm)

Quick Reply: Mud Guards at the dealership... WTF??