Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

music server hard drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Default RE: music server hard drive

First thing with this is I used a Mac running Mac OS X and the disk utility tools under the Unix command line to do the drive adjustments. Yes the resized the music partition fill the remaining space. Additionally during the process I loaded the music I wanted to the drive to avoid spending hours loading CD's of MP3's onto the unit. Im currently working on one making new themes for the display unit and also doing a integration of a Apple TV and TV Tuner for the system. Currently having issues with getting the AUX port to remain operational while car is in motion (w/o killing the gps) and also getting the touch screen to operate correctly when in AUX setting and using Apples Front Row. Ill be posting information on this soon. Want to get it working before I get everyone all excited about putting Apple TVS in there rides.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM

What format did you use to convert your MP3's to match the mitsu data format on the hard drive?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 PM

Yes, please enlighten us with the music format on the server, or did you mean that you just moved the already converted music from the other HDD? Can you please dump some demo BMP or whatever format the pictures are in, I havent gotten my ride yet, so I cant dump it from my HDD.

Regards!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Not being an audiophile (I just know how to turn on the radio hhehe) Is there a way to erase just the ripped music files from the HDD? Or maybe a "clear all music only" button??? Also, is there a way to set the HDD so it will NOT rip music files when playing a CD?? My kids throw their crap music CD's in my player then I have to listen to it whenI do not want to! Thanks for any advice.....

Old 12-27-2008, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FiremistSLK
Also, is there a way to set the HDD so it will NOT rip music files when playing a CD?? My kids throw their crap music CD's in my player then I have to listen to it when I do not want to! Thanks for any advice.....
You can do it: when insert a cd and start the playback, touch in the screen the button ^, then press in screen the REC. Setting, and from there touch botton Manual REC. Another option is that you do user playlists to classify the music, for example, for the kids, for you, etc. I have an exclusive folder of music for the kids. . .

Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: FiremistSLK
Not being an audiophile (I just know how to turn on the radio hhehe) Is there a way to erase just the ripped music files from the HDD? Or maybe a "clear all music only" button???
From MMCS's manual: All recorded tracks can be deleted all at once. All tracks are deleted regardless of whether they are in original playlists or user playlist.
Deleting all item:
1. In MusicServer mode, touch botton ^
2. Touch Function Settings
3. Touch Delete All
4. Touch Yes
5. Touch Yes. All recorde tracks are deleted, and the device is restarted

Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Question Help?

I have a 2007 Outlander and I would like to know if anyone knows how to delete files from the music server hard drive. I have audio books (I drive a lot) and music that I would like to get rid of. Can anyone tell me where to find how to do it?

Much appreciated!!

Old 02-03-2015, 03:59 PM

I have 47 cd's ripped at the moment doing another 4 at the moment will flick through playlist there may be one or two albums to delete

Old 02-22-2015, 03:55 PM

anybody got an update on swapping out hdd?

Old 07-13-2016, 09:53 PM

I have a 2008 outlander. I am wondering is there a way off getting the music off the hard drive?

Quick Reply: music server hard drive