Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Must get accessories on Outlander 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Default Must get accessories on Outlander 2008?

Hi every1, I am new here, nice to meet you.

Well...the dealer screw things up for me and they are making things up by giving me a couple accessories on my new 08 Outlander. They didn't tell me the budget but I think it has to be reasonable. What do you suggest me ask for?

Does anyone know where the mp3/aux input jack is located? Is it behind and under the armrest unit?

Also, how do I set up my Bluetooth system (LS Outlander with no voice activation), I don't see that on the manuel.

Thanks for your help on advance.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Default RE: Must get accessories on Outlander 2008?

Get the mud guard, the rear step plates and side window vent if you can get the cargo organiser box and cargo mat to would be nice. That's what I have so far in mine.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: gDawgy

Does anyone know where the mp3/aux input jack is located? Is it behind and under the armrest unit?

Also, how do I set up my Bluetooth system (LS Outlander with no voice activation), I don't see that on the manuel.

Thanks for your help on advance.
The AUX input in on the back of the center froor console, facing the rear seats.
The LS is only pre-wired for Bluetooth so you need to get the actual interface ($250 IIRC) before you could use it. This may be one of the accessories you should start off with if you want the Bluetooth functionality enabled.

Other usefull accessories: fog lights, sill plates, cargo mat, cargo cover, mudguardsand rear bumper protector.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: dodo2

Other usefull accessories: fog lights, sill plates, cargo mat, cargo cover, mudguardsand rear bumper protector.
I 2nd that...

Fogs - if you dont have them, there a nice touch
Door Sill plates - pretty much aesthetic only, look good though
Cargo mat - its better than the cargo tray or organizer, keeps things from sliding around
Cargo cover -is a must for privacy and such
Mudguards - a must to keep debris damage down, and if you live in snowy/mudy/wet conditions
Rear bumper protector - hides scratches that will happen, looks good too

also... if you need a roof rack for luggage orski/boads than thats an idea as well. good luck

Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Pick the most expensive stuff you can find. See if they give it to you. Go on the website and look up the accessories and find out the prices.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM

DO NOT waste money on...

sill plates
rear bumper protector
cargo mat (it will not prevent if you spill something which I already done couple of times)

GET
Hexomat (rubber mat that's custom fit)
Cargo cover
Cargo Accessory holder
Cargo tray (or custom Hexomat cargo tray)
splash guards

Optional:
OEM Moldings are good to have for protection, but they are cheap looking (Euro ones much better)
Fogs (I have XLS with HID, so getting fogs is a waste of money because HIDs are very bright)

Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

DO NOT waste money on...

sill plates
rear bumper protector
cargo mat (it will not prevent if you spill something which I already done couple of times)

GET
Hexomat (rubber mat that's custom fit)
Cargo cover
Cargo Accessory holder
Cargo tray (or custom Hexomat cargo tray)
splash guards

Optional:
OEM Moldings are good to have for protection, but they are cheap looking (Euro ones much better)
Fogs (I have XLS with HID, so getting fogs is a waste of money because HIDs are very bright)
Any more info on Hexomat rubber mats?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 AM

Bluetooth - Mine is built-in, but it's one of my favorite features.
Cargo mat - I like the factory one, you can turn it upside down and use the rubberized side if you are carrying something dirty.
Rear camera - It was easy on mine because I have the Nav, but it is still something I use (and like) every single day.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:11 AM

What did the dealer do to mess things up?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Well the story goes like this:

I bought the Outlander08 trading in my Lancer05, they gave me a VIN# told me I can pickup that Sat. And I go to get my insurance done, but no one call me in 3days, I called them back and they told me that car with that VIn was already sold. So they are in search for a new one for me, I said ok but someone should have told me much early. So next monday after I have contacted them a couple of times, the sales call me said they found a car and it will be ready on Sat. So I was all happy and go pickup my car, but I was told no one at the dealership knows about the delivery and the sales person is sick that day I might hav eto come back another day. Finally the sales showed up, and in fact he was fired last night so no one knows the follow up to my deal. And I found out he drove 250km from another dealership to get me the car, which no one told me thats the case. I don't want anyone to break-in my car for me. Plus they didn't have my ownership and deposite refund ready.

Anyways I didn't realize how much km it has until I was driving home, as soon as I pull out of the dealership the fuel guage started to beep "refuel". I mean WTF I sign for $40 worth of gas on the contract, anyhow who big deal only $40 on a 30000$ deal.

I bought a rust protection device ECC and I couldn't locate it, so I suspend they forgotten about it but damn how could they. I will drive in to their service some other day to get a check.

So next tues I went to get my deposite and ownership, I was explaining how no one told me about the long drive plus the gas thing. The lady wasn't interested, basically I get the impression that I should be happy I got the car. I was on fire at that point and shock with the lack of support.

Next day I drove into service ( I was really hoping they didn't install my ECC), and found the ECC device wasn't install. So I went into the show room, asking for the store manager and the in charge of their dealership chain. He wasn't their so I ended up having to deal with the lady again. She walked out few mins later holding a credit, she thought I came back for that missing tank of gas. I told her no not about the gas, lets go to your office and talk. And I ask for the order form for the rust protection device.

Now I really caught her with yet another mishap, she started to be all smily and nice now. And ask if I ahve look into any accesories, and they are willing to compensate by offer a "couple" to me. She dare to say if you don't like any accessories she can get me some Mits jacket and bag....lol

Anyways I sent her what I want, she probably refuse I by hell I will push this to the top until I and my family are satisfy.

Below is my email to her, tell me if this is fine.

Hi xxx,

I thank you for your time, and I'm glad that the dealership is finally willing to take care of their customer. This is our second Mitsubishi in 2 years, and we were satisfied with the other Mits dealership. We hope to move forward from this point enjoying the customer care which we were accustomed to in the past.

My family and friends have done some shopping around on the internet and they have found the following accessories to be useful ( I told them the $3000+ Nav system is out of the question):
Body Side Moulding, Cargo Mat without subwoofer, Mudguards, Rear Shelf, Side Window air deflectors.

These might seems excessive if you go by your website, but my family has been able to find all these accessories to be under $300 and they are satisfied with the amount.

We look forward to installing these to our new Outlander together with the missing ECC device.

Sincerely,

xxx

Quick Reply: Must get accessories on Outlander 2008?