Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navi/Aux/Radio Defects?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Default RE: Navi/Aux/Radio Defects?!

klas,
Sounds like a loose connection or bad ground to me,since you say it only affects the radio when you're driving.Makes me think there's a loose wire and it's getting bounced around. Have you pulled your MMCS out of the dash for any other installs? If so, maybe something got knocked loose. If not, you could pull it and check the connections yourself. It's a pain, but may save you a dealer trip.

My FM and Sirius work great. The volume from the front speakers is a little weak for a 650 watt system, but other than that the system seems to work as expected. For comparison I usuallyset mine to 18-20 when driving on the highway (windows/sunroof closed) in order to fully hear the lyrics. I do think the rise in volume between 14-20 is relatively low tho.

I beleive there was another forum member that had some radio issues related to sound volume and such. I think it was a bad head unit.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 AM

I guess i will have to live with it, if I blast the music I don't hear the whining noise, I haven't tried music server, so maybe this would be a work around.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 PM

Do you power your MP3 player from cig. lighter? Very common problem if this is so--you can buy auto grounding noise filters for it, but takes a little bit of soldering.

My after market overhead DVD player also has this problem, btw. It uses FM transmission, not hardwired to AUX.

-Jason

Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Bingo! I think you might be right. I noticed that noise doesn't always happen, because I don't always plug in in cig lighter. I will test it again. Thank yoU!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:46 PM

the dropping of satalite is probably due to an antenna issue.. Ive needed to replace a couple in the last year.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 PM

1. My Sirius is fine, no sudden drop outs. My FM radio is just okay, it doesn't quite drop out, the the volume does suddenly lower and increase for no apparent reason. Maybe the FM singals are not strong enough, or there is an antenna issue.

2. When I don't have anything plugged into mine, a ticking noise is heard every 2 seconds or so. When I plug in my N95, you can hear a very faint buzz, but I assume it is normal.

2a. I don't know if I've ever heard anything like that with mine. Maybe try turning off the Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) thing.

3. That is true. I find that I have to adjust the volume manually when going from city to highway.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:06 PM

I verifed that whining noise is indeed related to cig power adapter. So, if you thought that you didn't have this issue, I suggest you to try it. When I plug in cig power adapter not only I hear whining noises, there is also some sort of distortion which degrades the quality of the music. It's really noticeable if I listen to soft music.

Well I am glad to find out that mine is not defective and it's common issue.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:40 PM

The whine is soudning like alternator whine. I had a 95 gsx eclipse and I had all new speakers and amps. With the aftermarket amp I was getting alternator whine and it would get worst as I went faster. I had to adjust the gain on the amp and put in ground loop isolators. It was always worst on cd rather than ipod though. Now that I got that ramble of useless information out, Try to buy a different wire to go from your phone to aux jack. A cheap set of wires could be a cause of your problem (not saying your cheap). Are you charging your phone while playing songs?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 AM

thank you for your suggestion, but take a look at the post above yours. We all have that issue.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:18 PM

I've never had any issues when charging my phone or using a portable DVD charger in the adaptors.

I'm not saying that's not the reason for your buzz/whine, but i still think it's related to apoor connection somewhere in the unit. Besides, you mentioned having to crank the volume control to hear music.Iwould think this is related toother problems.

Quick Reply: Navi/Aux/Radio Defects?!