Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Navigation Map Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Default Navigation Map Updates

I have had my new 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander for a couple of weeks and absolutely love it except for one item and that is the Navigation unit. The navigation works flawlessly and I love it but the maps are so outdated which makes them virtually useless to a Realtor such as myself. The map database is from 2007 so is about three years old.

I believe it does not look good for Mitsubishi to have a $2,000 navigation unit in my car and then have me hanging a $150 Tom Tom navigation unit from the winshield. As I am showing homes, my buyers ask me why I use the Tom Tom and I say that unfortunately the installed unit does have many of the streets listed even from a few years ago.

With the Tom Tom I subscribe to quarterly map updates which is great. For $2,000 I would think that Mitsubishi could allow us to subscribe to regular map updates. My dealer said that new updates were supposed to be released at the end of October 2009 but they have not been able to get them yet, but three years or more is way too long to wait to get updates.

Even with the highway road work that has taken place over the last few years, this unit does not even know where I am, or tries to run me directly into concrete barriers.

Thanks!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by jlauniere
this unit does not even know where I am, or tries to run me directly into concrete barriers.
Maybe it just doesn't like you...

Yeah, this has been an ongoing issue. Every few months we hear rumors of new maps coming out, but they never seem to. Your lucky your 09 came with 2007 maps, my 09 came with 2006 maps.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Default Navigation Unit

Thanks for the response. It is too bad that Mitsubishi does not monitor this forum or follow up on these issues as it really looks bad when my clients see my Tom Tom hanging from my winshield.