Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Need your Comment (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/need-your-comment-26379/)

roach 03-19-2008 10:10 AM

Need your Comment

When I change tires to for my winter tires I notice that one of the oem tire as a screw in it so I'm debating getting it fix with a plug or just get better tire like the Toyo Versado LX. I'm just afraid that if I get the tire fix that It wont hold if I pull an heavy load with the trailer and all end up again with a flat tire.

dekodan 03-19-2008 10:28 AM

RE: Need your Comment

Hi Roach,

In my 23 years of driving and at least 4,5 plugs, I have never seen one let out. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Cheers...

Dan

07outty 03-19-2008 12:40 PM

take it to a tire shop that will remove the tire from the rim and patch the puncture from the inside.

this type of repair "permanent".

roach 03-19-2008 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 07outty

take it to a tire shop that will remove the tire from the rim and patch the puncture from the inside.

this type of repair "permanent".
I was thinking about that to but I just don't know what to do in one way I feel like getting it fix and on the other side I would like to get better tire then the OEM one but they only have 5000km on it.

chenarm 03-19-2008 03:37 PM

I find that the OEM tires are not great, but they're not bad either. I've researched the tires before buying the car, mainy because I want to know how much $$$ I would need to fork out to replace the 18" tires, and the bigest complaints I've read about the Goodyears we have, is that they appear to have poor quality control, but if the set you have are ok, than you are fine.

They are definatly not snow tires, but you already have a set of those. I would just use them up. You would spend close to $1000 to get new ones.

cooljw 03-19-2008 05:00 PM

As long as the screw isn't too wide the patch should hold, evenwhen towing.

Any hole bigger than 1/4" or so cannot be repaired reliably and the tire shop will advise you to buy a new tire. In that case it might be better to just leave the screw in like dekodan.

roach 03-19-2008 06:04 PM

I called whenI got home the tire shop and the guy said that the patch that they apply by the inside should be good to fix it and it's only 19$ instead of 860$ tax in and install for the toyo versado so I will go with the repair and use the tire untile there done and by the time I get a new set they might have a better performance tire in are rare size that mitsu pick out.

antlip 03-19-2008 06:47 PM

Try the patch and if it fails use the road side assistance. I also got a rim and tire warrenty, I dont know what it covers for tires. I got it for the rim part mainly since there so damn expensive.

bnilguy 03-19-2008 07:46 PM

The 18" rims are over $600 a piece from the dealer.

roach 03-20-2008 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: bnilguy

The 18" rims are over $600 a piece from the dealer.

And here in Canada when I ask the dealer just for fun the price of the 18inch wheel he said that it's 1000$ to 1200$ each , you have to be out of your mind paying that king of money for OEM wheels when you can get cheaper price for better aftermarket one. At least 600$ is more reasonable but still expensive.