Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Default New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and new to Mitsubishi! traded in my 2009 Ford Edge for a 2012 Outlander Sport. I like it, looks good.. Not a fan of the way it drives at 65-75mph, feels unstable and shifts either right or left suddendly. i've read of other people experiencing the same issue.. MPGs are just around 25 with 85% hwy driving. My edge would get 23-24 under the same driving conditions.. im hoping to avg. 26-28 after breaking period.. All else I like! ill post pics soon..

Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM

taking the outlander back to the dealer, can't handle the steering issue.. it's a PITA to drive this suv. i have to fight with the steering wheel all the time!!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by miagonz85
taking the outlander back to the dealer, can't handle the steering issue.. it's a PITA to drive this suv. i have to fight with the steering wheel all the time!!
Did you test a normal Outlander, or just the Sport?

Old 07-02-2012, 04:16 PM

I tested both outlander and the outlander sport has alot of dead zone in the steering wheel.. very numb. The seats was not comfortable.

Outlander drove much better for me, even the 4 cyclinder 2.4 feels alot better than the sport one.
Suddenly both of us jump in the outlander right after we got off the sport and noticed the seat was much better, mostly the bottom part.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 PM

i'll be honest with you guys, i was so into working a deal i didn't even test drive the sport i purchased, after i came to an agreement with the dealer and my credit was ran i realized i had not test driven the suv!! i then figured its a new car that it would drive just fine.. dum!! i'm stuck with it now.. i really like everything else of it, mine is loaded with nav, moon roof and the sport spoiler package, out the door for $26K!! i'm going to take it to the dealer this weekend and talk to them to see if a different alignment might help, or anything else, i'm sure they've had people complain.. Maybe there's something that can be done.. i'll post some pics!

Attached Thumbnails New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..-outlander_1.jpg   New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..-outlander_2.jpg   New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..-outlander_4.jpg   New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..-outlander_3.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 PM

i'll be honest with you guys, i was so into working a deal i didn't even test drive the sport i purchased, after i came to an agreement with the dealer and my credit was ran i realized i had not test driven the suv!! i then figured its a new car that it would drive just fine.. dum!! i'm stuck with it now.. i really like everything else of it, mine is loaded with nav, moon roof and the sport spoiler package, out the door for $26K!! i'm going to take it to the dealer this weekend and talk to them to see if a different alignment might help, or anything else, i'm sure they've had people complain.. Maybe there's something that can be done.. i'll post some pics!
It looks beautiful!! what's the sticker price for your car? it looks fully loaded.. does it have LED package and al the fun stuff?

I admire the looks of the sport but its was a smaller SUV compared to likes of CR-V and Rav. It drives like a tall lancer.

Good news is that outlander sports have more aftermarket mods support.

If you wanted a Outlander GT with all the fun stuff, it will be $35-$36k sticker. I think you stole this one even though it is a cheaper car.

You can get the dealer to check it out, I think there is free adjustments for 1st year / 10,000, which means alignments are included.

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 07-02-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14 AM

the sticker price was 29,xxx, i got it for $25,xxx with a rebate and the dealer adjusting the price a little, came out to $26,xxx almost $27k out the door.. i think it was a good deal.. it does have the LED package and everything, it even came with the rubber mats!! nice suv, the only thing is the steering's dead zone which drives me crazy!!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
tcp
Default just to check

you've checked the tire pressure? Tires are often shipped at their max pressures and it's up to the dealer to lower them to correct levels in prep. Confirm that first. high or low makes a difference. Looks sharp!

the sticker price was 29,xxx, i got it for $25,xxx with a rebate and the dealer adjusting the price a little, came out to $26,xxx almost $27k out the door.. i think it was a good deal.. it does have the LED package and everything, it even came with the rubber mats!! nice suv, the only thing is the steering's dead zone which drives me crazy!!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM

What comes stock on the sports? If it's the Goodyear Eagles, I'd say get the dealer to replace those. My '10 non-sport had GE's stock and did the same thing you're talking about, new tires, and the problem has disappeared.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 AM

tire press checked, they where over inflated by 5psi, but it didn't make a difference.. tire brand is good year LE2

Quick Reply: New to Mitsubishi! 2012 Outlander Sport..