Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

wifes new '14 se not getting any RTT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Question wifes new '14 se not getting any RTT?

dealer doesn't have any ideas 'it should just work' but when you tap the rtt button it says no messages received, and the options for the surveillance map set and the fuel/weather options are greyed out as well

it asks if you want to search for a station, tell it yes, and it will just sit there, spinning and spinning and spinning...
the other se we test drove previously did the exact same thing.

i know for a fact that rds traffic services work in the area because it works fine on my cx5 (and my wifes cx5 that she traded in for this '14 outie)

seems like hardly anyone here has the new model so not sure if anyone has any ideas

here is the supposed map area that covers where we are, dealer is smack dab in the middle of the blob practically

according to the 'troubleshooting' portion of manual, it says if you aren't receiving rtt signal to go to an area where there is coverage and 'wait awhile'

Last edited by av8or; 10-26-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 AM

DO NOT take this from that lazy assed dealer.

Ask the service manager or better yet the owner if Mitsubishi paid an engineer to do what it does (or what it does not) do.

These jokers get paid from Mitsu for diagnostic and repair time.

Tell the idiots that you want a new system that works.

Then call Mitsubishi Motors customer service.

Do Not take no for an snswer.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by milliesdad

Ask the service manager or better yet the owner if Mitsubishi paid an engineer to do what it does (or what it does not) do.

well we weren't getting 'no' for an answer, just 'we dont know' but they said they were going to try to find out, but it was saturday so they're corporate people weren't in, just trying to see if there's others that had similar issue out there

Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by milliesdad

you have the mitsu custserv number? taking car in tomorrow to see what they say, seems like the whole nav/media system is only half baked kinda like how it is in our mazdas...

Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM

so they want me to bring the car in again and demonstrate the litany of problems we're having with this navinfotainment system. i'm beginning to think that this unit really wasn't ready for prime time, and that there might be some larger problem with the traffic data services because i remembered that the other one we test drove wouldn't pickup traffic stations either. i suggested to our salesman when he had some time to go out and try a couple other outies with nav and see if they would search/tune a rtt station, i'm gonna guess they wont. either because there is a serious flaw in the software, or that theres some connection or setup thats required to be done and hasn't

Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM

well come to find out its not just her car, every nav unit on their lot the hd traffic/data/weather doesn't work on it (and its not this dealership because the one they got for my wife came from a dealer out of state)

apparently its going up the ladder at least to regional mitsu and corporate tech on the issue....

sounds like someone dropped major ball in the rollout of these (not to mention no one seems to be well trained in the system)

Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Is it possible whatever system it uses isn't available in your area?
If it's FM it may not be broadcast there and if it's satellite it may not have any data for your particular area?

Are you in a large city?

Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
Is it possible whatever system it uses isn't available in your area?
If it's FM it may not be broadcast there and if it's satellite it may not have any data for your particular area?

Are you in a large city?

there is definitely supposed to be coverage, its fm-hd service, and apparently its being investigated by the regional office