Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

new to outlander but not to mitsubishi looking for parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Default new to outlander but not to mitsubishi looking for parts

Hey all, I'm thinking about buying an Outlander and was wondering if there are any cosmetic parts out there? i have looked on ebay with no luck. i have also googled and yahooed until my fingers almost fell off. basically what i'm looking for are some chrome parts like mirror covers, door handles, etc. i used to own a 02 OZ Rally lancer. i always loved mitsubishi cars and especially liked the way the outlander handled, like a car. well if you have any advice or can show me some links i'd appreciate it. thanks.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Default RE: new to outlander but not to mitsubishi looking for parts

First of all, welcome.
Second, the Outlander doesn't have very many aftermarket parts for it yet, so you have to get a little creative and see what else you can use parts from. The engine is shared with the R/A Lancer, so you can use a lot of those parts on the Outlander. I haven't seen any cosmetic upgrades as far as body kits- the Airtrek kits don't work. The only thing I know that you could change is to a Turbo Outlander hood, but that will come from Europe or Japan since they aren't imported to the US. There may be some other parts that are different on the Turbo outlander, but nothing will be very drastically different than what it already has.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:47 PM

i'm mainly looking for some chrome accessories and maybe some interior items as well. i'm not thinking of a body kit or something that drastic.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 PM

Check out the SE, it has some more cosmetic niceties ,both interior and exterior, than the other packages, they look nice...I've even seen them on the lot with chrome factory wheels.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:07 PM

i have a se it comes with chrome wheels...some shiny aluminum/chrome by the shifter and on the door beside the window controls and a few other places...i like it alot..but whould actually rather have different rims im not a big fan of chrome myself

Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 PM

You also have fake carbon fiber trim across the dash where the closk is right?
I'm not too crazy about the chrome rims either, but you could sell them I'm sure and get some nice gunmetal wheels....
You also have auto climate control too...I wish I had that option, the controls on mine are cheaply made and operate like I'm turning them in mud.
You need to make a photo album, or at least have a pic as your avatar.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 PM

i saw on a webpage for the uk, it showed an outlander with chrome door handles, chrome mirror covers, and a chrome garnish piece for the trunk. that's more specific what i'm looking for. also are there any websites for the outlander?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM

does have the carbon fiber all the way across the dash also and also has carbon fiber pillars on the outside of the doors.....i seriously am thinkin about trading the rims for some gunmetal ones..or eith just seeing if i can find some nice rims that are expensive and just use the chromies for winter..

Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM

and pics yeah i wish but i still cant get any to load..

Old 07-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Try to change the size and make them smaller, that was the only issue I had...but notice I don't have a gallery yet.

Quick Reply: new to outlander but not to mitsubishi looking for parts