Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Newbie - Any one had this issue before?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Newbie - Any one had this issue before?

Thanks to all wh replied.

Here is the specific information from three different dealers within a 100 mile radius: (1 Dealer never called back)

Three different dealers gave the following price for the Bluetooth device:

$250.00
$262.00
$280.00 (The dealer where I purchased the car.)[/ol]
Labor was given as follows:

1 hour $70.00 – Total price of $320.00
1 or two hours depending on the harness. When I explained that the LS came pre-wired the time was stating as taking only 1 hour. (Two hour + part estimate was around $430.00 )
My dealer – With a $280.00 cost for the part I can only assume that they wanted two hours for the installation at a cost of $242.00. $121.00 per hour[/ol][/ol]

This leads me to believe that there is a markup on the part itself. I had offered to pay $100.00 toward the installation, then half of the price for the part. The response I received that this was an honest mistake and that he was being more then fair. I stated that the labor should basically be a “no cost” item which I was quickly corrected and was told that they had to pay to have it installed and if I paid for half of the part who was going to install the device? During the conversation I commented that legally there was nothing I could do, the response was “You’re right but we would like to keep you as a customer” (Other dealers asked before providing the estimate if I already had the part. My conversation was with the sales manager.)

As for the research, I had tried out several vehicles and was actually planning on purchasing a Suzuki XL-7. It was a fluke that I even saw the Outlander. I had tried out a 2007 Endeavor and was not impressed. (It was a program vehicle and seemed to have been through some rough times……having low mileage) I decided to ride around all of the dealers just one more time before finalizing my purchase. After looking at the Outlander I decided to give it a try. I feel I made the right choice. (I had researched the Outlander but not nearly as much as I did for the Suzuki. For the price the Outlander offers much more then the Suzuki) I actually knew when dropping the vehicle off that the LS model was pre-wired for Bluetooth. I was just curious at this point to see how the situation was going to be handled by the dealer. (I found out this by doing some additional research after making the purchase.I thought maybe I was making some bonehead mistake in trying to setup the device.Time spent on the net….maybe an hour at the most. I wonder if I now am certified to sell Mitsubishi vehicles.)

At the very least I would have thought that they would have called before I came by to pick the vehicle up to let me know what was going on. Never did I expect to see a cost of $522.00 for something I was told was included with the vehicle.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Default RE: Newbie - Any one had this issue before?

Just for a piece of mind go to a different dealer and it appears you will actually save some money. You will feel better knowing you gave a different dealership work over the original one that kind of scammed you. Or buy the part and wire it up yourself.