Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fuel Eco. - 60L tank gets you how far?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Default Fuel Eco. - 60L tank gets you how far?

I just saw someone post on a V6 XLS, they got over 500kms on one full tank of gas.
I want to know what others are getting?

I always get the worst fuel eco. Every fill up, I get only 400km per full tank. This is mostly highway driving too.

Just want to know what other's are. Wondering if something is wrong here :S

Please and Thanks!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 AM

hi,
I filled up in Sydney and drove to Albury in NSW, ~550 km freeway. As I arrived in Albury the fuel light began flashing.
2007 v6 vls

I was sitting on 110+ most of way. 2wd mode, one person, some cargo, some air con, stereo! Fuel eco display thing was sitting on about 10/100km.

can I ask an off-topic question in this thread? (perhaps I will ask a new thread)... when the driving lights are on, the stereo display goes dimmer - the max brightness is too dim. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I like to have driving lights on during day on highways, but don't want the clock and display any dimmer than normal. I need to turn headlights off just to read the time!

Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I get about 220 km a tank, but it lasts me about 3 weeks going to and from work 100% city and slow pace. The drive about 15-20 mins one way.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Wow, really ivanz? 220km to a tank? I guess is fine for you since it will last you 3 weeks. lol.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by sunnies
hi,
I filled up in Sydney and drove to Albury in NSW, ~550 km freeway. As I arrived in Albury the fuel light began flashing.
2007 v6 vls

I was sitting on 110+ most of way. 2wd mode, one person, some cargo, some air con, stereo! Fuel eco display thing was sitting on about 10/100km.

can I ask an off-topic question in this thread? (perhaps I will ask a new thread)... when the driving lights are on, the stereo display goes dimmer - the max brightness is too dim. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I like to have driving lights on during day on highways, but don't want the clock and display any dimmer than normal. I need to turn headlights off just to read the time!
As for clock, I'm not sure. But there is a dial their the speedometer that adjust brightness on the speedometer. I'm actually not sure if that will adjust the rest of the lighting, ie. radio switch or clock. (Sorry, I have the navigation ). I'm sure owners manual might have some info, or just ask your dealer.

For you getting 550km to a tank is great. The best I done was only 420km, highway.
I guess I really need to lighten on the pedal. I try really careful with the pedal today on the highway, and apparently it is possible for me to get 9-10 km per 100 km. But thats cruising at 100-110km /h, which I'm not use to, lol.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
I just saw someone post on a V6 XLS, they got over 500kms on one full tank of gas. I want to know what others are getting?
I get only 400km per full tank. Just want to know what other's are. Wondering if something is wrong here :S
Right now in the winter I get about 400km combined highway/city driving in a Canadian 2009 V6 XLS per tank using REGULAR gas running on my winter tires. I fill up just after the first warning where there is ~10L of fuel left in the tank so calculate using 50L instead of the 60L tank size.

There is more time warming up the car while I'm brushing it off. Can't just jump in and go like in the summer. Also it takes longer for the vehicle to warm up into it's normal operating temperature so it burns more fuel trying to get there faster (higher RPM's when you start cold). Therefore many shorter trips will give you bad mileage since you're running in the warm up mode more often.

The 2010's suggest premium fuel. Not sure if that is just horsepower boost or fuel economy too.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Eco. - 60L tank gets you how far?-gaschart.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
Wow, really ivanz? 220km to a tank? I guess is fine for you since it will last you 3 weeks. lol.
Yeah, it is definitely around there. Which is pretty good for winter plus a short city drive (about 18-22 l/100km according to the car, but its around 15 in real life i'm guessing). Keep in mind my speed is on average around 30 km/h and there is a stop sign at each block plus guaranteed stop at 2-3 red lights.
When I actually do go on really long trips (i.e Vancouver to Jasper), it stays around 7.8 L/100km and I get a really good range. I believe the car is rated at 8.6 L/100km, so I found this to be quite good especially with all the higher elevation and lots of going up/down mountains.

Last edited by ivanz; 01-09-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Default My mileage (km)

I have had my V6 Outlander just over 3 years and it has 52,000km

For 60 litres, I get the following km

City @ 13.75 l/100km = 436 km

Highway @ 9.8 l/100km = 612 km (Average 118km/hour on highways, in 2WD mode, low wind)

Not great, not horrible... There are far more fuel efficient vehicles or at least much more power for same consumption (heavier too!). Ford Ecotec engines, GM Lambda platform SUVs such as Buick Enclave, Traverse, etc...

e.g. Chevrolet Traverse is bigger, 288HP, 13.5 city, 8.8 highway (posted, not real-world, but still!)

Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 PM

I have had up to 720k to a tank on petrol on the highway at between 100k-110k.
Goes down to about 400k with the caravan on.
On LPG without the van I get around 360k but the tank is only 40lt.. Cheap to fill though.
2009 LS 2.4 CVT duel feul.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ivanz
I get about 220 km a tank, but it lasts me about 3 weeks going to and from work 100% city and slow pace. The drive about 15-20 mins one way.
Wow…220 km to a tank…that must’ve been uphill both ways in 4wd lock with the A/C on and windows down!

I could see this, since the test Outlander at Shannonville drank pretty heavily on track day. We used 4WD ‘Lock’ with the traction control ‘off’. Needless to say, the MIVEC was almost always kicked in, and the short-ram activating constantly. We didn’t record the fuel economy; that was not the purpose of that particular test.

On one ‘mixed driving’ tank of fuel (we always use Shell V-Power) the Colt-Speed Outlander achieved 400km (from full to just when the re-fuel indicator light came on). The driving consisted of highway driving with driver only, highway driving with five passengers and luggage at high speeds to catch a flight, extensive idling, city driving with driver only, city driving loaded, 2WD, 4WD ‘Lock’ in fresh snow for fun, up and down Scenic Caves Road (Niagara Escarpment) in Collingwood, Ontario – a real mix of driving styles.

On one ‘economy’ tank, the Colt-Speed Outlander reached almost 700km. The last ‘fuel brick’ had just disappeared, and we didn’t want to run her dry. (Apparently it’s bad for the cat-con). At the time, the roads were not flat; the journey ran from Barrie, ON to Sudbury, ON via 400N/69N to North Bay, ON via 17E (a little driving around Sudbury, a little driving around North Bay) and return to Sudbury via 17W. The Outlander ran on winter tires, and the weather wasn’t the greatest, so we were nicely surprised to see these results.

At 90 km/h, the Colt-Speed Canada crew loves how the V6 purrs, but truth be told, most love it when the RPM needle goes above the 3000rpm range, and how the 6B31 roars with the sound of the Ram Air Intake ingesting huge amounts of air.

Quick Reply: Fuel Eco. - 60L tank gets you how far?