Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   one-toouch up power window problem (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/one-toouch-up-power-window-problem-42863/)

milliesdad 08-15-2012 06:45 PM

one-toouch up power window problem

After repairs from a very minor door ding(some clown backed into my driver's door while I was parked in a parking lot), the one-touch up - one-touch down feature went missing. The inner door panel was removed to hammer and dolly the deepest ding out.

I can lower the window by holding the switch and when going up, the window makes 4 stops. I have to release the switch and then up on the switch after each strop until it is up.

It's a 2011 Outlander SE.

Any ideas?

firebuck 08-15-2012 08:39 PM

I am certainly not a mechanic but might it be a bit of binding when the window goes up? It may cause the auto up feature to think it has hit the top from excess friction. I don't know for sure but I thought when reading an install from weathertech for window shades that some windows have an auto-stop from friction/resistance. Perhaps the mechanism thinks it has hit the top and so it stops, maybe asking a dealership service tech if that can happen.

milliesdad 08-16-2012 07:00 AM

I don't think so. The window makes 4 stops, all the same place. Like it's programmed to stop where it does. the one-touch down doesn't work, either.

Tried disconnecting the neg batt cable, but that accomplished nothing.

Will try thepos cable tonight and see if that resets something.

In the mean time,

Any ideas??

firebuck 08-16-2012 07:42 AM

Not really, it does sound sound like something is triggering the stop but as to whether it is electrical or mechanical I do not know. Sorry.

milliesdad 08-16-2012 11:50 AM

update

This afternoon, for some reason known to the Mitsu gods, the one touch up and down started to work.

Now when I upt the window up, it will go all the way and then come down to half open.:confused:

milliesdad 08-18-2012 05:32 PM

update to up date- weatherstrip was not in all the way, and window would go downwhen it hit something- safety feature, no doubt.

Put weatherstrip in properly and wala, working like a charm.

copyboy311 07-20-2020 08:44 PM

I'm having this same problem after replacing the door glass. Four stops going up. Auto-up/down doesn't work, but it will go all the way down in one stop if I hold the switch. I removed the weather stripping at the bottom of the window frame and it still makes four stops going up, so the weather stripping isn't the problem for me.

Anyone else experience this and fix it?

HuggyNZ 07-21-2020 02:00 AM

It may not be relevant here......when I have my old Mitsi Diamante (Japanese import), after the battery was disconnected you would get this symptom of windows going up in four stages as you describe. I believe it was a safety system.

To rectify this system in the Diamante, with all windows in the up position, lift all four window buttons at the same time and hold them there for a couple or 3 seconds. This would resolve the problem and it was a fix that I found on the internet many years ago.

This may work for the Outlander and if so please advise back if it does.

PS when the battery was disconnected, the 4 stages of the windows would be on all the windows until the above fix was applied

copyboy311 07-21-2020 09:10 PM

Thanks, Huggy. I did get the functions working again. It's definitely a switch reset that needs to be done when you either disconnect the battery or disconnect the wiring harness from the switches, which is what I did. I tried your four-windows method; not sure if that's what fixed it, or if it was me doing the driver window itself to the full top stop. The fourth stop I previously thought was the top was actually about a quarter-inch from the top, so it wasn't in the fully closed position.

If it's not the four-windows method, its putting the window all the way down and holding the switch in the down (but not auto-down) position for 10 seconds, and raising it to the top and holding the switch in the up (but not auto-up) position for 10 seconds. Now the switch works like it should again. Thanks for pointing out that it's a switch procedure that fixes it. Seems like most modern cars need a switch reset for the power windows if they get disconnected.

Tinder bee 01-16-2024 10:51 AM

Solution works!

Winding all the windows up and holding all the four switches for around 3_5 seconds worked for the mistubishi ek wagon.

Thanks for this insight!.

Originally Posted by HuggyNZ (Post 330626)
It may not be relevant here......when I have my old Mitsi Diamante (Japanese import), after the battery was disconnected you would get this symptom of windows going up in four stages as you describe. I believe it was a safety system.

To rectify this system in the Diamante, with all windows in the up position, lift all four window buttons at the same time and hold them there for a couple or 3 seconds. This would resolve the problem and it was a fix that I found on the internet many years ago.

This may work for the Outlander and if so please advise back if it does.

PS when the battery was disconnected, the 4 stages of the windows would be on all the windows until the above fix was applied