Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OUCH!!!! I killed the front end suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:19 PM
drh
Default OUCH!!!! I killed the front end suspension

I was pulling out of a parking lot and the sun (I swear that it was the sun and not some hot chick) blinded me and boom I hit a curb on the left front tire. The car didnt feel any different but I just knew I hit the rim so I pulled over and son of a *****, the front left tire is shoved back a good inch. I know I bent the lower control arm. probably tie rods. Im no mechanic but its hurt bad enough that if I take a left hand turn the tire rubs, ****ty too just had that tire replaced on friday. thank god for hazard insurance. But anyways, has anyone done any front end work on their outie? I dont want to have to pay to have it fixed. Ive had trucks before and could do most anything on them, but with an all wheel drive I dont want to get into any trouble. The car drives straight as an arrow even at 70-75 and doesnt shake a bit, so it cant be hurt that bad. I live about 30 miles from my office and Im kinda scared to drive it over there for the pure reason I dont want to hurt anything else. any ideas?

Old 09-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Default RE: OUCH!!!! I killed the front end suspension

that sucks. sorry i cant be of help, but id be interested on what you do, just i case of future "problems"

good luck on this

Old 09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
drh

well I took the car in and I have a bent lower control arm, gonna have the strut replaced, the sway bar, axle seals replaced, ball joints replaced.. all for about 650 bucks.. but then I wanted the wheel replaced where it was nicked.. So I bit the bullet and had insurance take care of it, so that the shop would add everything and anything they could think of.. I think I am going to trade it in after I get it back. I went and picked up my rental and they put me in an Endeavor.. I actually like this car, except its fwd and if you get on the gas from a stop it feels like it is all over the place. I like it though, lots of room where the outie doesnt have.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 PM

I HATE the steering wheel on the base models, it has "pricklies" that irritate me to no end- I liked the rest of the truck, but the steering wheel sucked...lol

Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 AM
drh

Yeah I hate the steering myself.. Im actually looking forward to getting my outtie back, I guess because it feels a tad bit sportier, im not sure and I guess that its mine and Im use to it.. I definitely need to get with you dirt and round up some parts.. I had a close call on the highway about a week ago where two people in front of me just basically came into my lane and hit each other and I had to slam on the breaks, I didnt turn the wheel or anything and the car felt really "mushy"... but yeah i should have mine back by friday hopefully.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:21 PM

what are you looking for as far as parts?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
drh

not to just copy everything that you have done but, def the strut brace. i have horrible over and understeer problems or i just can plain drive.. I would love to have the underdrive pulley and the header.. im gonna have to everything one at a time though, or ill have to move in with one of you guys

Old 09-28-2006, 07:35 PM

I owned a endeavor awd before the outlander....two very different machines....outlander has much sportier handling and more racer look...but the endeavor is more comfort and luxury....overall i think i like the outtie better

Old 09-29-2006, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: drh

Yeah I hate the steering myself.. Im actually looking forward to getting my outtie back, I guess because it feels a tad bit sportier, im not sure and I guess that its mine and Im use to it.. I definitely need to get with you dirt and round up some parts.. I had a close call on the highway about a week ago where two people in front of me just basically came into my lane and hit each other and I had to slam on the breaks, I didnt turn the wheel or anything and the car felt really "mushy"... but yeah i should have mine back by friday hopefully.
i suggest switching out to better brakes, maybe the ralli arts, something bigger.

I maybe picking up brembos (once i verify that they fit) that use to live in a working evo

Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
drh

ORIGINAL: 06OutlanderSE

I owned a endeavor awd before the outlander....two very different machines....outlander has much sportier handling and more racer look...but the endeavor is more comfort and luxury....overall i think i like the outtie better

they are definitely two different machines.. If it werent for me having to roll my last vehicle into this one, i would trade for the Endeavor.. its a bigger vehicle and has more power.. i like the outtie, but im 6' 235lbs. I feel a little closed in at times in the car. I do like how I can get in and out of traffic though. As dirt always says, its dead off the line, but it will suprise you after about 40 mph or so. Hopefully I get my car back today.. insurance adjuster is trying to make me have to pay for the axle seal because it cant be proven that it happend during my little curb hopping. Mechanic is pissing me off, he tells me that it looks fresh and he doesnt know what else it could be from yet he tells me that he cant give the adjuster hard evidence that it wasnt prior to the accident