Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Outlander - air filter and brighter lights? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/outlander-air-filter-brighter-lights-49380/)

The Silent Seed 02-20-2016 08:29 PM

Outlander - air filter and brighter lights?

I have a '13 Outlander and would like to do a little here and there without messing with anything.
Maybe some brighter lights (without doing anything other than plug in the new bulbs), K&N filter (does this actually make a difference, especially in mpg?), or other ideas?

SERPENTOR 02-21-2016 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed (Post 314582)
I have a '13 Outlander and would like to do a little here and there without messing with anything.
Maybe some brighter lights (without doing anything other than plug in the new bulbs), K&N filter (does this actually make a difference, especially in mpg?), or other ideas?

As far as swapping bulbs I recommend Philips BlueVision ultra Xenon car headlight. You can get them at powerbulbs.com

I have a K&N filter other then the wash reuse of it have not noticed any MPG difference. Although I do like the sound of it :)

SERPENTOR 02-21-2016 04:59 AM

I've also head good things about MORIMOTO ? High Quality HID Projectors, Ballasts, and Bulbs and Opt 7.

The Silent Seed 02-21-2016 09:16 AM

There are tons of different options at the Philips website - how to choose ? I mean, there are 10 bulbs that look the same to me - same price - what make each one different?
I do not like the colored lights - I want it to be white(ish) like the stock lights - just brighter - The Philips lights are not legal in the UK - are they legal here?
Does anyone know what is legal vs illegal here in the US?
The Philips lights are about 4300K. What are the stock ones?
Good to know that the KN filter doesn't help mpg.
Thanks

SERPENTOR 02-22-2016 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed (Post 314592)
There are tons of different options at the Philips website - how to choose ? I mean, there are 10 bulbs that look the same to me - same price - what make each one different?
I do not like the colored lights - I want it to be white(ish) like the stock lights - just brighter - The Philips lights are not legal in the UK - are they legal here?
Does anyone know what is legal vs illegal here in the US?
The Philips lights are about 4300K. What are the stock ones?
Good to know that the KN filter doesn't help mpg.
Thanks

What is your bulb type for your vehicle?

Been using Philips bulbs from the UK here in New Jersey and New York for over 5 years never had a problem.

The Silent Seed 02-22-2016 09:17 AM

I don't even know what I have - which is why I couldn't "compare" what I have with what is available.

SERPENTOR 02-22-2016 11:18 PM

What is your exact year make and model?

The Silent Seed 02-23-2016 06:11 AM

'13 se