Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Commercials and Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Default Outlander Commercials and Advertising

In the past week I've seen Outlander TV commercials on two of the most popular US shows, American Idol and The Apprentice. I've also seen full page Outlander ads in the newspaper. All of the promotion has a unified theme and look, similar to the Outlander web site. Looks nice.

It's good to see Mitsubishi getting the word out.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Default RE: Outlander Commercials and Advertising

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I dont want everyone on the band wagon hahaha. Let them all go buy hondas and that [sm=nxsmile.gif]on them.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Yeah, I'm conflicted on this one also. More sales equals possibly more after-market accessories, but it's also nice not seeing another 2007 Outlander on the road. I've had people slow down behind me about a dozen times now trying to figure out what my de-badged auto is [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-11-2007, 04:10 PM

We're closer to Mistubishi shutting down US operations than seeing too many Outlanders on the street, so I'm for aggressive advertising to increase sales volume.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Well they had a roll over happy suv a few years back. Crank walkingeclipses. Crappy pick up. The evo is a nice car just a little pricey. You can buy a 2g eclipse and slap some parts on it and beat an evo for a 1/4 of the price.

On the other side I do see a bazillion gallants and lancers everywhere. I see alot! of monteros now.

If I took a drive around town, majority of the cars are, cheap old hondas since they never die, full size pick ups, and suvs. If they had a nice line up of trucks and updated that ugly montero I think they would be fine. The outlander is a step in the right direction. I was only kidding about everyone owning one. They just need to offer more assecories now.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:56 PM

I dont mind seeing some advertising, just dont want to see an outie at every stop light,
I did however see the fist one i've yet seen out driving around yesterday, but he was from alabama, so its all good.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
JMC

Make your Outlander as custom as you can now before the wave hits

Old 03-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Guys we need to push for more Mitsu sales. We need Mitsu to survive and thrive so we can look forward to better vehicles. Mitsu offers a choice apart from Hondas and Toyotas. Don't worry, the Outlander is still lightyears away from overcoming any CR-V or RAV-4 in sales, what we want right now are healthy sales numbers, which might actually encourage Mitsu to bring over accessories from Japan and Europe, and perhaps a real Ralli-Art USA will see the light of day. The Outlander has already proven itself worthy in Japan, where it outsold the RAV-4 and CR-V, so it's a bestseller in disguise here in the US.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 AM

I bought my XLS based on a TV ad - well not exactly but pretty damn close.... I was in the market for a crossover and was already looking at the CRV, Rav4 and Santa Fe. Had already ruled out the CRV due to no V6 and was ready to test drive the Rav4 the following day when lo and behold, watching the tube I see this ad for an Outlander. No idea what it is but this is the Canadian ad filmed in Vancouver with the Dakar Rally highlights and I am totally entranced. So onto the Web I go and start researching. I read some reviews and test drives, etc. and am so impressed with thecanadiandriver.ca preview I am hooked. E-mail to Graeme Fletcher at Motoring 2007 for his impressions and now I am sold. Start calling dealerships in BC at 8am and finally locate one in the lower mainland with a blue XLS. Drive down and three hours later, test drive it, make a deal and it is mine. Let's see - I saw the ad on Feb 27 about 5pm and owned the XLS Feb 28 by 3pm.Absolutely love it - no regrets - can't wait for toorrow to drive it again!