Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Which Outlander fluid should be flushed/replaced at 215,000 kms? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/outlander-fluid-should-flushed-replaced-215-000-kms-51936/)

Saurabh Asthana 03-12-2018 01:03 PM

Which Outlander fluid should be flushed/replaced at 215,000 kms?

Hi there,

I have a 2008 Outlander V6 and have 219,000 kms on it.

I have replaced the timing belt at 165K but have not done any fluids: transmission, coolant, power, transfer case differential, steering etc.

Looking for advice on which of these fluids should be replaced as the car is running great.

Thank you !

Lancerguy2013 03-12-2018 05:47 PM

In a word...EVERYTHING...including ...brake fluid...why would you wait until 219k?

SERPENTOR 03-12-2018 07:34 PM

Replace all fluids, filters and Oil.

ccernst 03-13-2018 05:12 PM

for sure I'd do coolant (Zerex or Peak Global Lifetime), tcase/rear differential (any 75w90), power steering (any ATF/PS Fluid will do). I'd be hesitant on the transmission fluid. by this stage in the game, there may be enough wear that putting fresh fluid will remove the friction material suspended in the fluid and may cause slippage. at best, I'd only do drain & fill of transmission fluid, which only replaces 2.3quarts of about 8 qt capacity...and knowing me, I'd save the old oil to put back in if it slips.

Tib_mastiff 08-16-2018 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst (Post 323347)
for sure I'd do coolant (Zerex or Peak Global Lifetime), tcase/rear differential (any 75w90), power steering (any ATF/PS Fluid will do). I'd be hesitant on the transmission fluid. by this stage in the game, there may be enough wear that putting fresh fluid will remove the friction material suspended in the fluid and may cause slippage. at best, I'd only do drain & fill of transmission fluid, which only replaces 2.3quarts of about 8 qt capacity...and knowing me, I'd save the old oil to put back in if it slips.

I recently did the drain and fill of CVT transmission fluid, and about 5 quarts came out of the drain pan. I had to go back to the dealer to buy another quart as I thought only 4 quarts would be enough. So, 2.3 qts is definitely not enough if you haven't done the transmission drain and fill.

ccernst 08-17-2018 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tib_mastiff (Post 324773)
I recently did the drain and fill of CVT transmission fluid, and about 5 quarts came out of the drain pan. I had to go back to the dealer to buy another quart as I thought only 4 quarts would be enough. So, 2.3 qts is definitely not enough if you haven't done the transmission drain and fill.

the v6 never got the cvt. The above was for the 6-speed auto. You have a different setup.