Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander HTC Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Default Outlander HTC Bluetooth problem

I have an 2010 Outlander with MMCS and built in handsfree bluetooth phone connection. With my HTC Leo often the call drops from the car speakers and the caller can't hear me. Bluetooth is connected OK. Another forum told me to put the call on hold on the handset and when taken off hold, it restores thecall over the car speakers. This does work. Any thoughts please on how to fix the phone or the car? Thanks

Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Try to unpair (delete) the phone from the car, AND the car from the phone. Then re-pair.

If that doesn't work, get rid of the Windows Mobile phone

Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by rip14
Try to unpair (delete) the phone from the car, AND the car from the phone. Then re-pair.

If that doesn't work, get rid of the Windows Mobile phone
Thanks for reply, have done this, but issue remains. Have also had handset replaced (like for like) by phone provider, to no avail.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Try with another phone, if it does the same. Then you know if it's car side problem.

I had no probs while test-driving 2011 Outlander for 2 days. Tried with iPhone 3GS, Nokia N8, Nokia 5800 and HTC Desire HD:

Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 PM

You can also boot Android from the SD card and test it to see if its an OS issue. You download a zip, extract it, and run a program. Once you reboot it its back to WinMo.
Also try installing the latest firmware on it. Try playing around with the various radio drivers and see if that fixes it.

If yours is a T-Mobile HD2, chances are it has ancient firmware on it.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Thanks for advice Ivanz and Kantilla . Have tried a different handset from Nokia and determined no problem with the Mitsubishi, the problem lies with the HTC HD2 handset. When Active Sync brings in an email during a call, bluetooth is interuppted and drops car connection. the on-hold off-hold method restores the car connection. Will have to look for an Android download to try.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Hmm.. I am curious if this is Android "feature" (bug) or HTC's HTC Sense related. I am getting Outlander late April and will be using HTC Desire HD and iPhone 4 with the car. I had only little time while test driving the Outtie, so I have missed the kind of problems you have encountered. I mean, about 12h with the car does not really bring out oddities like that...

Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kanttila
Hmm.. I am curious if this is Android "feature" (bug)
He was using a HTC HD2 which (I believe) it a Win Mo phone, not Android.

I had a Droid2, my wife has the original Droid, and neither of us have had any issues. A friend of mine who has an Outlander too has the iphone 3gs, and has never had an issue either.

More then likely it is a WinMo issue, and not a Sense issue. (Hopefully not, I like HTC)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM

Its probably an HTC bluetooth driver issue on Windows Mobile, as the OS itself is pretty stable and has no known bluetooth issues.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the new e-mail message sound seems to re-direct audio back to the phone itself and not the bluetooth audio stream. I would try silent mode and possible disabling that particular sound.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM

HTC HD2 is Win Mob 6.5.
Previously I had TouchPro 2 which did not have this problem and neither has 2 different Nokias.
Mitsubishi updated the car's drivers - made no improvement though.
HD2 has latest firmware - Orange have also swapped the handset for another HD2, but same problem with both.

Am testing switching Active Sync to manual when connected to car - so far no problem.

Will also try silencing next, but have already tried with different sounds.

As it's a company phone, they won't agree to my trying Android.

Quick Reply: Outlander HTC Bluetooth problem