Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander HTC Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 PM

They wont know if you tried Android, its just a folder on the SD card which you can delete. If you aren't willing to try Android, the only other suggestions is to try a different radio firmware (which can easily brick your phone) if silent mode doesn't work. This isn't the the same firmware that you install when you flash the full firmware, but a separate one which doesn't affect any data/OS files.

IMO your best bet is Android, I bought this phone specifically because it was so hackable and have been running Android since I bought it. I also had Windows Phone 7 on there for a few days.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm prepared to give android a go - can you direct me to where I can download what you have tried and tested? Thanks again.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM

There are dozens of distributions out there (and different ways to run it). One nice one is the Desire HD ROM, which is basically the same phone with a few extras.

You can download it by reading this forum thread (the link is under "MCCM HD V4.0 DOWNLOAD HERE "):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=954030

Follow the instructions and download the file/extract it to your SD drive when you plug your phone into your computer. Then disconnect from the computer, double click on clrcad and then on haret.
That's all you need to boot it. Once you shut down android/reboot, you will be back in Windows Mobile. Keep in mind it will take a few minutes to start the very first time. If it freezes, or something goes wrong, just remove the battery for a few secs and it will boot into Windows Mobile again.

This method is guaranteed not to screw up your phone in any way, and is done by thousands of people worldwide on the same phone. If you want a different distro, then just delete the folder and do the above again.

If you want to install Android so it replaces Windows Mobile (you can go back by flashing it again), there are instructions on the site. Its quite a bit more complicated, and that is what I have done. However, the way I told you has no risk at all.

Last edited by ivanz; 03-02-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Have Android on SD card, but not yet found a way past thesimple pin number to allow installation - Android doesn't get far enough before the pin causes a re-boot to WM. ???Will keep trying and may take off Active Sync to try. ATB and Many Thanks,

Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM

You should definitely keep trying.

BUT:
I have an HTC T-Mobile myTouch 3G running Android 2.2.1 build # FRG83D that cuts out after dialing and then resumes the call immediately after. I don't have to do anything for the call to reconnect but the "bluetooth disconnect" sound is played and the radio flashes.

This causes a delay waiting for the system to cut in and out.

I didn't have this problem until just recently. I'm going to try repairing.

I've also had a call connected where I could not hear the person on the other end, but they could hear me. Makes for a crappy conversation.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Peter Banks
Have Android on SD card, but not yet found a way past thesimple pin number to allow installation - Android doesn't get far enough before the pin causes a re-boot to WM. ???Will keep trying and may take off Active Sync to try. ATB and Many Thanks,
I guess maybe try another version? Although I would check your current radio firmware version (its under software information on the settings icon in the main windows mobile screen). Make sure its at least 2.12 or higher.

I've personally never had a reboot ever, and bluetooth has always worked fine.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM

I had an HTC HD2 and had the same issues. I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S and haven't had a problem since. I went through three HD2 handsets before I finally gave up and switched phones.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 AM

Hmm... This sounds like HTC Android phone related problem.. Just what I need when I have couple days old HTC Desire HD and an Outtie on the way for april delivery..... I will have to see how it works out and if I end up having doo-doo in the fan, it must be sorted out. :P

Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Now have Android running instead of WM 6.5. Trial underway, no issues today, but will keep testing. Thanks for the guidance ivanz.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:20 PM

Good to hear. What was the issue with your previous attempt that caused a reboot? Did you upgrade the radio firmware?

Quick Reply: Outlander HTC Bluetooth problem