Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Sport lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Default Outlander Sport lowering kit

Can't find a lowering kit or springs with google. Does one exist for the Sport?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Lowering springs from Colt-Speed Canada

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Can't find a lowering kit or springs with google. Does one exist for the Sport?
Please check out Colt-Speed lowering springs. They are under 'RVR', which is the Canadian equivalent to the Outlander Sport.
They are available for the 2 and 4WD.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
(www.colt-speed.ca)

Colt-Speed Canada Team

Old 01-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Since the Colt Speed springs are way overpriced at $738, I won't be buying them. Well, not only the price, but I want the vehicle lowered more than they will offer.

What do you guys think about having the factory springs cut down by 2 inches?

I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but just in case, are there ever problems caused by chopping springs down? If not, I think a two inch chop is in store.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt_M
Since the Colt Speed springs are way overpriced at $738, I won't be buying them. Well, not only the price, but I want the vehicle lowered more than they will offer.

What do you guys think about having the factory springs cut down by 2 inches?

I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but just in case, are there ever problems caused by chopping springs down? If not, I think a two inch chop is in store.
Colt-Speed Canada does not recommend cutting the springs, as this may affect the performance of the spring, causing unpredictable handling characteristics. Heating the spring while cutting as with cutting torches can weaken the tempering of the steel.
In our opinion, do not cut the spring, leave the vehicle as-is.
Hope this helps!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM

cutting of springs can be very dangerous - if you are going to cut them, i woulnt take more than 20mm off them

either way - i'd buy springs that are made to lower your car by the amount you want

Old 01-10-2011, 12:55 PM

Isn't the Outlander Sport supposed to be based upon the lancer? I wonder if any of those springs would fit(stock takeoffs or aftermarket)? I also wonder if the Outlander springs will fit the Outlander Sport? You would think this would offer a slight lift since it weighs more. Thats what I want to look into doing.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM

I say just wait awhile. Some company will start making them in production soon.
The vehicle is very new, give it some time.
Also, if you want to, email companies to request production for lowering spring on the Outlander Sport / RVR. Some company will look at the vehicle and decide if they will start making modification products if they think the vehicle will sell and have a good market.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 PM

Shorty has a good point. At least down here in the states, Mitsubishi has been advertising the hell out of the Sport.

Another option is to contact some mod shops if you have any local to you...sometimes such shops will have contacts or ideas to accomplish the task. It may cost you a bit more...but may be worth a shot.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM

I am very interested in finding out what parts are interchangeable with the Lancer. I think that is an important subject that I have not seen covered anywhere. It could open the door to a lot of mods that already exist.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Xception
Isn't the Outlander Sport supposed to be based upon the lancer? I wonder if any of those springs would fit(stock takeoffs or aftermarket)? I also wonder if the Outlander springs will fit the Outlander Sport? You would think this would offer a slight lift since it weighs more. Thats what I want to look into doing.
interior wise yes... exterior... it shares the same wheelbase as the outlander... so I would just wait... things could get expensive for no reason...

btw... i work at a mitsubishi dealership... only aftermarket parts we're offering on this is remote start lol

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport lowering kit