Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Outlander Sport (RVR) (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/outlander-sport-rvr-43316/)

SE 4 ME 11-04-2012 12:22 PM

Outlander Sport (RVR)

Hi to all,

I recently purchased a new to me :)2011 Outlander Sport (RVR SE 4WD). The SE is a full load with AWC , heated seats and mirrors, privacy glass and all the other Mits goodies.
I will find some good looking after market wheels and keep the 16 inch stock alloys for winter tires. Any input and pics on 17 or 18's would be appreciated.

I would like to run the crappy Factory YOKO Geo lander GO33 for this winter if I can get by for this year to wear them out. On the Wet Coast, so we are hit or miss for snow ... but can hit hard and then usually gone in a week or two. Anyone with experience with this all Season M&S in winter driving?

I replaced my winter DD- a high performance Jeep with this Mits and it a great safe vehicle that so far has given me 28 mpg overall. My jeep was 15-16!

I realize this great little 2.0L and CVT is engineered for fuel economy and it is slow off the mark but can hustle with the manual shift. All be it with a lot of noise :). Has anyone with a 2011 had the ECU reflash with noticeable results?

I have been involved in running the Audi Club locally for 10 plus years and look forward to my Mits RVR and this new site.

Cheers.

Burtonrider10022 11-05-2012 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by SE 4 ME (Post 288231)
Hi to all,

I recently purchased a new to me :)2011 Outlander Sport (RVR SE 4WD). The SE is a full load with AWC , heated seats and mirrors, privacy glass and all the other Mits goodies.
I will find some good looking after market wheels and keep the 16 inch stock alloys for winter tires. Any input and pics on 17 or 18's would be appreciated.

I would like to run the crappy Factory YOKO Geo lander GO33 for this winter if I can get by for this year to wear them out. On the Wet Coast, so we are hit or miss for snow ... but can hit hard and then usually gone in a week or two. Anyone with experience with this all Season M&S in winter driving?

I replaced my winter DD- a high performance Jeep with this Mits and it a great safe vehicle that so far has given me 28 mpg overall. My jeep was 15-16!

I realize this great little 2.0L and CVT is engineered for fuel economy and it is slow off the mark but can hustle with the manual shift. All be it with a lot of noise :). Has anyone with a 2011 had the ECU reflash with noticeable results?

I have been involved in running the Audi Club locally for 10 plus years and look forward to my Mits RVR and this new site.

Cheers.

Hey, welcome! Congrats on the new car. What kind of Audi did you have? I also came out of an Audi and into the Outlander Sport. I had an Arctic White '05 B6 A4 UltraSport Quattro M6 with an APR Stage 1+, SplitR, and Carbonio CAI. Debadged, 20% tint all around, and an S4 grille. I miss that car :-(

Anyways, I actually DO have an '11 with the ECU flash! My local dealer updated the entire thing to the 2012 software when they fixed the cold start TSB. Noticeable difference in fuel economy, IMO, and a little bump in HP (butt dyno) but no doubt it's a bit quieter. The absolute best "bang for your buck" with these is an EvoX panel filter. K&N or Cosworth will run you about $40 shipped, and with the substantial increase in MPG's mine has paid for itself in less than 2 months! Again, noticeable bump in acceleration.

Check out EvoM forum for a bunch more mods and stuff. A couple of "us" over there have been experimenting. Much more so user HiBoost than anyone else.

EDIT: Also, post up a few pictures and add your location to your profile. If we know where you're located, it can make a big difference in the advice you get.

SE 4 ME 11-05-2012 10:31 PM

thanks 4 the info! I still have the Audi as I replaced my winter DD. It is an 02 TT 225Q running about 265. I bought it new and it still looks and runs amazing! Resting in the garage for a winter slumber!

The RVR is my first Mits and really impresses me with it's features for the $. I average 30.4 mpg on my last tank with mostly hwy!:)

Is there a forum section for the Outlander Sport??

cheers.

Burtonrider10022 11-06-2012 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by SE 4 ME (Post 288280)
thanks 4 the info! I still have the Audi as I replaced my winter DD. It is an 02 TT 225Q running about 265. I bought it new and it still looks and runs amazing! Resting in the garage for a winter slumber!

The RVR is my first Mits and really impresses me with it's features for the $. I average 30.4 mpg on my last tank with mostly hwy!:)

Is there a forum section for the Outlander Sport??

cheers.

Here on MitsuForum it's just one category Outlander/Outlander Sport, EvolutionM has the only Outlander Sport specific forum I've found. Works well because EvoM has a large user-base of Lancer owners to learn about our 2.0L's from, and then here there is a ton of knowledge on the Outlander platform, the ETACS system, and other electrical & structural stuff.

And congrats on the MPG's, a lot of people here were bitching about the mileage of the RVR and when anyone accused them of just having a lead foot they would get all huffy-puffy and just blame the car.

youmadeyou 12-03-2012 11:48 PM

Thanks for the Forum Suggestion .