Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Parking sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Default Parking sensors

Hi all, I am new to the forum and new to Mitsubishi
I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander Navi (this is the name in Switzerland), it is basically the top of the range available here, it is a 2.4 Mivec Petrol engine, 7 seater with the SatNav.
I was quite surprised that it didn't come with parking sensors, i though, well not a big deal, but it turned out that I got more used to them than i thought as my previous car had them, i have asked the dealer if this is supposed to come as standard, but i thought I'd post here for advice, if they are not standard what options do I have? I'll try to get them from my dealer, but if he refuses to put them on for free, is there an after market option?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 PM

There are plenty of after market ones available, I had some off Ebay for less than 20 Euros, fitted them myself in less than an hour, they only need to be wired into the reverseing lights and came complete with a small hole saw to cut holes in rear bumper. They work a treat, have fun !

Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ronwill
There are plenty of after market ones available, I had some off Ebay for less than 20 Euros, fitted them myself in less than an hour, they only need to be wired into the reverseing lights and came complete with a small hole saw to cut holes in rear bumper. They work a treat, have fun !

Where did you tap in to get power for the sensors? (reverse light cable, but where?)

Thanks
Dennis

Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Smile reverse sensors

I used a 'piggy back scotchlock' connector to the live feed to the reverse lamp bulb. You have to remove the rear light cluster to do this but it a straightforward task. I connected mine to the left hand side (as looking from rear) lamp feed and the negative wire to an earth point within the housing.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ronwill
I used a 'piggy back scotchlock' connector to the live feed to the reverse lamp bulb. You have to remove the rear light cluster to do this but it a straightforward task. I connected mine to the left hand side (as looking from rear) lamp feed and the negative wire to an earth point within the housing.

Great thank you!
Just waiting for mine to arrive...

Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM

Why did you not order a OEM parking sensor option from Mitsubishi dealers. You need a sonar switch in the driver dash/consola?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Our car has navi with the backup camera, but I'd like some parking sensors for the front.

Would someone who has actually installed sensors on the front of the vehicle please tell us what to get and how to do the job?

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM

wow. in my day we actually had to know how to drive.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:13 AM

Hi,

Im looking at fitting my 6 sensor after market parking senors to my 2009 Outlander.

I need to find power, reverse wire and brake wire to splice the kit into.

Does anyone know please , the colour of these wires going to the rear light cluster.

Im going to take the left hand side panel out to gain access ... any help would be great please, especially pictures...

Cheers

Ploppy

Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM

If you follow this instruction you should be able to install your kit, including how to take the pieces out. The factory parking sensor is almost just like the aftermarket one. It looks like alot of work but the wiring are all there, you might need to trace it out but it looks to me the factory already come with a plug in there that contains the wires

http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Insta...LANDER_PG1.pdf

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 08-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Parking sensors