Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Performance Mods for 2010 GT Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Default Performance Mods for 2010 GT Outlander

I am the proud new owner of a white GT. Love the car just needs some more kick. What is out there for bolt on's, ECU flash? I cant find anything

Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Someone? Anyone? There has got to be something... Also I am thinking of lowering a tad and getting some rally inspired rims and tires. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Its been a difficult market so I would imagine there is going to have to be some searches by engine type, not by "outlander" since they figure that outlander owners dont care to upgrade.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 AM

Ok I will try that again not having the best luck. All I am looking for really is lowering springs, intake and maybe an ecu flash. I think 275-300hp would be great and should be achievable!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Japan parts as springs and coil you might want to have a look it's not cheap !

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ddle=3&small=9

Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 PM

There is another option for Outlanders when it comes to suspension. KW Variant 2 coilovers. Tire Rack sells them:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

The KWs are pricey but top quality. If you really want to improve the ride while lowering it, this is a good option. I see that Tein makes coilover suspension on the Japan Parts link. They are also very good quality but in the Toyota Celica GT4 world, Tein has a reputation for being very harsh riding. I would not risk that much money on Teins unless I was sure they have a decent ride. I have Bilstein Sports and lowering springs on my BMWs so I know what a firm ride is. I just don't want my filings falling out and that is what friends in the GT4 world tell me about Tein. I am saving my pennies (and nickels, dimes, quarters) for the KW suspension. :-)

There are no known off-the-shelf engine mods for the Outlander that will get you to the HP goals you state. If the JDM market has them, I have not been able to find them. Given that Mitsubishi is moving away from performance cars, I would not expect anyone to be developing mods for the Outlander. This really is a very well balanced compact SUV. I could be very happy with just the KW suspension upgrade. I get my speed fix from my 95 BMW wagon with an M3 engine swap.

Last edited by mda185; 07-11-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM

Turbo kit available for more HP ?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 AM

Please or an ECU flash anything! I know this isn't a race car but, with some suspension tweaks and more grunt this can be one fun ride! I mean lets let the rally spirit come out!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM

where do you live ?

find a local "tuner" that specializes in mitsu. he would be able to wake up the motor.

i have a '09 ralliart and an 07 outlander xls awd.

the suspensions are VERY similar.

i would not be surprised if coils for the RA would work on the outty GT !

Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 AM

I also got a Outlander GT
The parts I installed so far are:
AP front 6pot rear 4pot brake kit
Tein MONOFLEX (Evo 9) suspention
20 inch rims+245/45r20
HKS Legamax Premium Muffler
and I'm trying to install a twin turbo kit
But the ECU sometimes would stop the transmission from changing gears
if that happens, the screen would say ASC Servive Required
It depends on my luck, but it happens quite often, the shop is trying to solve this problem. They say its because we changed the ignition time and others, so the ECU thinks the car needs to be checked. It's not solved yet...
But the power after installing the turbos is awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Performance Mods for 2010 GT Outlander