Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Push-button start: can you go from "running" to "on"? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/push-button-start-can-you-go-running-45464/)

jsevinsk 11-15-2013 08:08 AM

Push-button start: can you go from "running" to "on"?

We just got a 2014 Outlander with the push-button start. When you drive somewhere and then park it, is there anyway to shut off the engine and still keep the audio system on without going through the "off" state first? I don't mind too much if I'm listening to the radio, but when I'm listening to music via bluetooth, it has to connect again after being shut off.

Vadimus 11-15-2013 12:16 PM

Did you try to hold button while engine is running?

jsevinsk 11-18-2013 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 297083)
Did you try to hold button while engine is running?

Yeah, that didn't work. Tapping it quickly twice didn't work either.

2014Outlander 11-18-2013 10:33 PM

Let me know if you figure this one out. I've tried everything I can think of. Amazing how something so simple apparently got left out.

Nickolka 11-24-2013 08:21 AM

There does not seem to be a way to do it with just the button, at least I could not find one. I asked their head mechanic, but no luck. They said “This is the way it is designed to work”
I found a simple workaround though.

Do not switch transmission in Park before shutting down the engine. Keep it in Drive or Neutral then press the Start/Stop button. The engine then will shuts off in ACC mode. You can then switch the transmission into Park or set the hand break . ACC mode will stay on.

I usually stream the music from the phone over Bluetooth to the in car audio system and this workaround keeps the music playing at least until you have to start the car again. Otherwise, you lose the music for at least 20-30 seconds while Bluetooth reconnects after OFF->ACC transition

Nick

jsevinsk 12-17-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nickolka (Post 297269)
Keep it in Drive or Neutral then press the Start/Stop button. The engine then will shuts off in ACC mode. You can then switch the transmission into Park or set the hand break . ACC mode will stay on.

Yes, I tried this last night, and it works. Thanks!

skdaddle 11-08-2020 02:04 PM

Putting it in Neutral did not work on our 2017 Outlander but dropping it one more notch into Drive and shutting off the engine with the parking brake engaged did the trick! The radio stayed on the whole time we vacuumed and cleaned the interior of the vehicle, then put it back into Park and shut it off. Did not try any accessory sockets, tho, sorry, will have to check them on the next try. Thanks for the tip!

binzd 11-09-2020 08:17 AM

In my Nissan Leaf, you get in don't put your foot on the brake pedal and push the button. This get's you acc mode and not drive mode. Perhaps since the two companies are joined now they're using the same software in there?

Sestrel 11-06-2021 05:04 PM

Is there a way to do this with a manual gearbox ? Have tried neutral etc, no luck..

Kidcadet 07-05-2022 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by binzd (Post 331546)
In my Nissan Leaf, you get in don't put your foot on the brake pedal and push the button. This get's you acc mode and not drive mode. Perhaps since the two companies are joined now they're using the same software in there?

Just bought a 2018 Outlander LS and this worked. Massive help.