Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Questions for Rockford Fosgate sys owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Questions for Rockford Fosgate sys owners

ORIGINAL: chili_g

ORIGINAL: abrcrombe
I Hope they help!
Yeah, they are a big help! It looks most of those connectors are all standard, and serve some other function, since mine look exactly the same ( wonder what that 4" flat square plastic thing with the two black and red connectors is). Anyway, it looks like the key players are the two connectors at the bottom of this pic, actually plugged into the amp.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...d/DSC_6260.jpg

I can kind of make out the colors and size, so I think I have a lot to look for. This is a great start. I was out this afternoon tracing speaker wires from the head unit to the doors. It's easy enough, but I'll have to cut and splice into that main head unit connector. If I could just plug into a connector that's already under the passenger seat wired for all this, it would be SOOOO much easier and cleaner.

Thanks again.
Were you able to determine the color codes that comes out of the amplifier?

Old 08-11-2007, 08:52 AM

I found three unused plugs... two in the firewall, and one under the passenger seat. Unfortunately, I was only able to find right side speaker levels. So I ended up splicing back into the head unit wiring harness.

My conclusion is that the RF amp system probably uses speaker level inputs, rather than line level.
So, no, I didn't find a nice easy way to tie in. I ended up feeling that the JL cleansweep was too noisy at high power levels, and just ran a new head unit and amps in back.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 AM

I plan to hook up a Rockford fosgate 3sixty.2. I'll probably just use the speaker wires at the terminal of the speakers and connect it to the 3sixty.2 Thanks!