Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Rear Parking Sensors (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/rear-parking-sensors-24937/)

chenarm 01-24-2008 07:34 AM

Rear Parking Sensors

Looks like Rear Parking sensor is available as a dealer installable accessory everywhere except North America. I call Customer Service in Canada and they more or less told me that they can not help me. One possible solution that they offered, is that if I can get the part number, I might be able to have my local dealer order it.
Has Anybody Outside North America had it installed? Anybody have the part Number, and know roughly how much it is?

BTW, the reasonThat I am very interested in this is because my wife backed into a car when the Outie was 2 days old, luckily no damage to my car, that time. And given the damage to the other car, I was surprised that the rear Bumper/tailgate mechanism was unaffected.

Sergy 01-24-2008 07:57 AM

RE: Rear Parking Sensors

Rear parking sernsoris evil for driver. :D
He is relaxing and hope that all will be ok but some stupid occassions may happen. [:@]Sensors may don't feel some things such as sharp metall sticks, stones under snow etc. It has mistakes when mudy or very cold. [:'(]
Look for rear view camera -I guessit's moresuitable for safe parking etc.

chenarm 01-24-2008 08:22 AM

Many things are evil for drivers including4WD, ABS. I would go for a Camera if I had Nav, I just could not come to grips with the $4000 price tag, paricularly since I already owned a portable GPS and DVD player.

Sergy 01-24-2008 09:40 AM

$4000 too much :D

I don't want be rude, just few words about.

My friend instelled in Outie'05 rear view camera with LCD monitor in rear view mirror.
When heturn gear lever to "R" - LCD screen appears on the mirror and shows the picture - from rear bumper to 5m far.
Cost about $200 w/o installing. But parking sensors are included :D

I don't know exactly his model but found some similar with english description.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15495/69BA1B9B97954C2A81D5D14C64D3E344.jpg[/IMG]

Kju 01-24-2008 09:41 AM

MZ313934 for four rear parking sensors

tdford 01-24-2008 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Kju

MZ313934 for four rear parking sensors

He's also going to need the rear bumper covers, upper and lower, that fits the sensors. Unless he just wants to cut holes....I dont know for sure if the US models came wired for the rear sensors???

Kju 01-24-2008 01:23 PM

MZ313934 Parkeerhulp/achteruitrijddetectie 4 achtersensoren 2x zwart, 2x in carrosseriekleur, afstandsweergave met akoestisch signaal

basically meaning 4 sensors from which 2 black and 2 in the colour of your car, the list doesn't give anymore info, EUR 489 plus maybe some labour. That should be the same price in US$. My dad had something similar built into his Landcruiser a few years back by the dealer and it was also just drilling holes and installing the sensors after a paintjob, but that's a different brand.
If you think you need it just get it. I can't imagine getting out of my garage without the sensors, because I would back up into a wall next to my garage and also parking is a lot easier, especially if you have to park a lot in cramped streets in a busy city like mine and if you're lucky enough to find a spot. I even amaze myself sometimes when I see how little space I needed to park.;)

This is similar to my own car, in my case the black sensors are silver:

http://pic2.autoscout24.de/images-bi...19062170_5.jpg

chenarm 01-24-2008 01:37 PM

That's alot of money, I've seen after market kits, for less than $100. As for the wirring, I'm going to need to check on that, the customer service guy thinks that it should be there, but he told me to check just to be sure. In any case it will all depend on if my local dealer can get it,I'm not going to try and import it myself.

Thanks for the help

Kju 01-24-2008 01:41 PM

cars come prewired with everything nowadays so if something is on the accessories list I would almost say that the wires should be there

chenarm 01-24-2008 02:28 PM

It's not on the accessory list in North America, but Idon't thinkthat the wirring in North America is different than the rest of the world.