Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear seat belt jammed in wrong socket

Old 06-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Default Rear seat belt jammed in wrong socket

i gave someone a lift and they have how managed to push the middle seat belt in to one of the edge seatbelt socket. Unfortunately this is now jammed and I cannot release it.

Is there any easy way to release it without fitting a new one? I’ve looked online but couldn’t find any specific.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stefan Dumbleton
i gave someone a lift and they have how managed to push the middle seat belt in to one of the edge seatbelt socket. Unfortunately this is now jammed and I cannot release it.

Is there any easy way to release it without fitting a new one? I’ve looked online but couldn’t find any specific.
The nylon belt material and buckle are extremely rugged and can withstand a lot of force. Whatever is holding the clip into the buckle will likely "gut unstuck" long before the belt or buckle break.

Therefore, if I were you, the first thing I'd do is, while keeping the release button fully depressed with your finger or something that is say taped into place, pull on the belt like HeII.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have just tried this with a colleague and gave it a massive yank but it still appears stuck. On closer inspection, it actually looks like the belt locking mechanism has been engaged. However, the button won't go push down either, or very little, as if something is stopping it being pushed.

It looks like it needs to be opened to release it.

Wish I could find a diagram of how it works, to get an understanding of the mechanism.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Stefan Dumbleton
Thank you for the reply. I have just tried this with a colleague and gave it a massive yank but it still appears stuck. On closer inspection, it actually looks like the belt locking mechanism has been engaged. However, the button won't go push down either, or very little, as if something is stopping it being pushed.

It looks like it needs to be opened to release it.

Wish I could find a diagram of how it works, to get an understanding of the mechanism.
Interesting.

Can you post a high-resolution photo that shows how deeply the clip is pushed into the buckle-receptacle? If you do that, I'll take a close look at our vehicle's clips and receptacles to imagine what might be going on.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:03 AM
Default This just happened to me!

just wondering if or how it was released? Or am I headed to the dealership? I have pulled and just like the original poster, it’s as if something is stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Default This worked for me

We had the same problem.

I pushed a really thin knife between the metal buckle and the red button an it just popped out.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Default Me too

My seatbelt is stuck also. Help! I have 2 kids that I need seatbelts for ASAP.