Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Rear Washer does not spray (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/rear-washer-does-not-spray-16681/)

maharajah 02-17-2007 02:25 PM

Rear Washer does not spray

Hello all, new forum member and new Mitsubishi owner here.

Just got my 07 Outlander about 5 days ago. I love it beyond reason No issues so far.
One thing I noticed is that the rear windshield washer does not spray like the front ones.
It's more like an open hose instead of a spray nozzle. I was just wondering if this is normal or do I have a busted nozzle.

Sal 02-17-2007 09:23 PM

RE: Rear Washer does not spray

open hose vs spray nozzle hmmm... whatever.. I cant help you there but would like to hear more about your new outlander.. you know such as likes dislikes etc.

maharajah 02-17-2007 10:40 PM

Likes: Definitely that it comes with everything I wanted (heated exterior mirrors would have been nice), I got the XLS base with no options. Love the 18" wheels, split hatch, gray exterior, very sporty interior, 6-speed manumatic that's good and usable, Audi-like dash, velvety soft conformable seats, great handling, mileage seems to be rather good, seems to be well engineered and assembled. Wasn't looking for third row seats, but it's a nice bonus
Dislikes: Lots of plastic (but tastefully designed to look sporty), black interior is difficult to keep clean, not a lot of accessories seem to be available yet. Hmm...that's it for dislikes.
First thing I did was to debadge the rear. Removed dealer stickers, the MITSUBISHI and OUTLANDER stickers, and the AWD sticker. I was tempted to paint the Mitsubishi logo, but the silver goes perfect with the exterior. Looks much better now.

Sal 02-17-2007 11:18 PM

cool [8D].. I will be getting mine on monday. graphite gray pearl xls without nav/dvd.

I was wondering how is the suspension in the real world. My test drive didnt reveal much except I had a feeling its not going to be as cushy as a toyota. [:@]

maharajah 02-17-2007 11:43 PM

Definitely not as cushy as a Toyota, but that's a good thing; great road feel. Forgot to mention the awesome turning radius, great vehicle for city driving.

euler21 02-18-2007 08:05 PM

As far as your actual question is concerned, mine does exactly the same thing. The front is a true spray, and the rear simply "spits" down on the window. It's kind of annoying, but I enjoy timing the wiper so that I hit the fluid as the rear wiper is on the upswing.

maharajah 02-18-2007 09:39 PM

Thanks euler. Good to know I don't have a defect with my new Outlander. The honeymoon can continue :D

Punisher 02-18-2007 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: euler21

As far as your actual question is concerned, mine does exactly the same thing. The front is a true spray, and the rear simply "spits" down on the window. It's kind of annoying, but I enjoy timing the wiper so that I hit the fluid as the rear wiper is on the upswing.
confirming this, and also concurring to the upswing :D

rcpax 02-19-2007 06:00 AM

Same with my Outlander. But it does the job fine, since the rear wipers clears most dirt in 2 wipes. And it does take a little more time before the water comes out of the nozzle as compared to the front spray nozzle.

biscuit 02-19-2007 12:42 PM

I'll have to try mine, my fronts work great. Post some pics of your debadged Outlander.