Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   "Service Required" indicator on dash board (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/service-required-indicator-dash-board-43248/)

GPSeek 10-22-2012 12:58 PM

"Service Required" indicator on dash board

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a "Service Required" warning on the dash board console.
It is a 2007 XLS with Navi.

Please refer to the picture. Anybody experienced this before?
What is this? releated to TPMS sensors?

Thanks!

Claude_A 10-22-2012 01:38 PM

The owner manual is a good starting point.

I would say you need a new battery in your remote key.

GPSeek 10-22-2012 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Claude_A (Post 287950)
The owner manual is a good starting point.

I would say you need a new battery in your remote key.

I did what you suggested and here is on page 3-25 as attached.

You're right that it is about the remote key. However, it does not seem to be the battery. I did get the "Key Low Battery" error messages several times in the past and fixed the problem by simply replacing the battery.

The "Service Required" error messages are sporadic. I'll do a battery change if this does not go away tomorrow.

Thanks!

Vadimus 10-22-2012 07:17 PM

GPSeek, if you're in GTA I can read what exactly wrong is with your immo ECU.

GPSeek 10-22-2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 287958)
GPSeek, if you're in GTA I can read what exactly wrong is with your immo ECU.

Thanks, Vadimus.

I googled GTA and found out it is Toronto area. That is 500 miles from tristate area.
I was quite close to Toronto this summer, driving to Niagara Falls, ON with my 07 Outlander.

Thank you again fort your kindness.

Burtonrider10022 10-23-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by GPSeek (Post 287964)
Thanks, Vadimus.

I googled GTA and found out it is Toronto area. That is 500 miles from tristate area.
I was quite close to Toronto this summer, driving to Niagara Falls, ON with my 07 Outlander.

Thank you again fort your kindness.

If you update your profile with your location there may be other local members who can help you.

ccernst 10-23-2012 08:27 AM

you can go to an auto parts store and rent/borrow an OBDII/CAN reader to get the code. once we have that, we can start digging into what is happening.

GPSeek 11-06-2012 09:59 PM

An update

Here is an update to this error message.
Now I think this error message is really a warning for the real battery, the lead battery under the hood!
I come into this conclusion because I also ran into startup issues last week and finally had to replace the lead battery on Sunday night to get the car started.

I see no more such error messages for the last 2 days.

The battery that came with the car lasted for 5.5 years and 92K miles.
How long did your OEM batter last?

ccernst 11-07-2012 12:13 AM

I replaced mine this summer. a bit over a year ago I opened the old battery up and noticed the acid level was low in several cells.

copyboy311 11-07-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by GPSeek (Post 288305)
The battery that came with the car lasted for 5.5 years and 92K miles.
How long did your OEM batter last?

Mine's still going (a 2007 XLS), but I can hear it starting to struggle on cold mornings, and I figure it will die this winter at some (inconvenient) point.