Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Default Sirius Question

Cananyone who has activated their Sirius subscribtion tell what the catch is?

What i mean is what are the terms and how much is to continue service after the 6 months is up?

My Dad has an Escape and had Sirius free for 3 or 6 months, but when the "free" trial ended they wanted him to pay $35/mo to keep the subscription. From what i've read a regular subscription is only like $15/mo so why was his quote so high?[]

Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Sirius Question

After my free 6 months was over I signed up for the $399 lifetime deal. I use it most of the time and bounce around to several different stations... chill 35, 90s alt, 60s oldies, broadway etc.

The lifetime deal has some limitations, it's only good for that exact radio. Add another Sirius in another vehicle or a portable unit and you have to buy another subscription.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Rob
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

Cananyone who has activated their Sirius subscribtion tell what the catch is?

What i mean is what are the terms and how much is to continue service after the 6 months is up?

My Dad has an Escape and had Sirius free for 3 or 6 months, but when the "free" trial ended they wanted him to pay $35/mo to keep the subscription. From what i've read a regular subscription is only like $15/mo so why was his quote so high?[]
Last i checked sirius was only 14 or 15 bucks. Avoid the "free trial" and tell them you want the regular service. If they try and charge more than 15 a month, call shananigans.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 PM

I did the free trial but I will not be continuing it after the 6 months free trial is over (which is coming up).

It just won't work anymore is my guess, they don't have my information so they can't charge me anything without my knowledge.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 PM

Might as well do free trial.... When it is up you recieve a letter asking if you want to continue the service. Monthly is $12. They give discounts if you pay like 6 or 12 months in advance. I decided not to extend the service and when the day came, I couldnt connect anymore. Pretty simple, no hidden fees or extensions.

They called me wanted me to renew, I said no. Finally about a month later they called and said they run specials and I'm no getting 3 months for the price of one. So $12 for 3 months. I can deal with that, but I live in a city where their are tons of FM channels I enjoy.

biscuit, I didnt know about the lifetime deal. Thats the way to go if you love it and are going to use it all the time for several years...

Old 02-02-2008, 12:03 PM

I could live with $12-$15/mo after the 6 month trial, but the way they tried to screw my Dad is ridiculous. I don't what that was about.

I live in a mountainous area so i hope the signal is decent. I amassuming that it's coming straight from the Satellite and not bouncing off relays on the ground...at least I hope.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:37 AM

My free trial is up and I pay the regular listed price for Sirius servce now. I don't know what they are tying to pull on your pop's car.
-Side note- look into the sirius-xm merger. Looks very promising as sirius users will soon have access to many of the best xm channels for what looks to bea good price.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: evoracer

My free trial is up and I pay the regular listed price for Sirius servce now. I don't know what they are tying to pull on your pop's car.
-Side note- look into the sirius-xm merger. Looks very promising as sirius users will soon have access to many of the best xm channels for what looks to bea good price.
Are you gonna have to buy a seprate unit to recieve both sirius-xm stations if they merge, or will you have to upgrade the outtys factory unit somehow to get both