Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   SMALL UPGRADES (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/small-upgrades-29530/)

dger 10-04-2008 02:20 AM

Small upgrades

These are small upgrades not costing a fortune, many of you already know them, but I put them together for new members and others mainly in greece/europe

1)Add LED bulbs for a brighter interior. Either D31 LED in Xenon white for 9.98$ /pair or JDM 12 LED INTERIOR PANEL $19.99/pair.Also for License plate JDM T15 LED wedge bulbs $ 9.99/pair. From www.iJDMTOY.com

2)Add a clip-on auto dimming mirror (photo1,2) for 119$ from www.alphamirrordirect.com

3)Add RCA AUX for your MMCS. Cables are waiting for you under the center arm console by removing the back panel (photo 3) Then one can fit either a cheap commercial RCA input (phot 4) or order the original parts ie. A/V adapter #8750a0a47 for 34.11$ & black panel #8011a169xa for 42.71$, there is also a beige panel. From www.trademotion.com

4)Do you want silver colored rims for your fog lights? then remove them paint them with aluminum spray then place them back, very simple!!!!

5)Do you want to know your vehicles "pitch & roll" like a pilot!!!!??? Here is a fine "inclinometer" (photo 8) NIKEN 41 found at JC WHITNEY INTERNATIONAL for about 54$

6)For DVD playing in motion, it exits the well known patch awaiting you at www.deltainfo.ro

7) One can also add a Tv tuner connected to AUX, this is a more costly affair, and it doesn't play (picture) in motion.
A variety exists starting at 100 euros & going to 300 .Additional costs needed for aerials (at least 2) & installation.

8) It nice for those without one, to install a TPMS to monitor the pressure & temperature of their tires. A variety of makes exist e.g. www.orange.com, www.digitire.com(this is the one I installed 200 euros from www.electron.com.gr)

9) One can change the OEM horn by installing 1or 2 good "tenors" so the car will not sound any more like a 50cc motorbike!!!! (cost around 50-60 euros)

Thats all from me, the forum is open for your suggetions fellow "outlanders"......

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/3A9EBA6095D945FDBC118DDE7372A64F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/9A992C7E2F754217BA78FBD5B503E88A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/9375B78BE0044FD1A7F78E494D74E200.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/98F410B3E6F343C9AB20EB80C97D9F9C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/BD97906E3C214F098C530677EB8FD93D.jpg[/IMG]

jsrd 10-11-2008 02:56 PM

RE: SMALL UPGRADES

Interesting your proposal. Congratulations by your modifications. . .

BrodyGuy 10-29-2008 05:16 AM

if you put in the fog light kit, that you can order from mitsubishi itself, does the fog light switch actually come as a seperate switch? or does it come with a new indicator handle to make it look like the stock fog light switch? sorry if that is confusing i dont know how else to say it.

Shambala 10-29-2008 05:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BrodyGuy

if you put in the fog light kit, that you can order from mitsubishi itself, does the fog light switch actually come as a seperate switch? or does it come with a new indicator handle to make it look like the stock fog light switch? sorry if that is confusing i dont know how else to say it.
That's actually a really good question because my dealership wanted $750 for the fog lights.
I would like to know if it comes with the cabin controls or not...

I kinda joke about it because I was expecting gold plating for that price... lol... You can get the Fog light kit from www.mitsupartsman.com for about $250 USD and install it yourself....:)

BrodyGuy 10-29-2008 06:20 AM

im going to have to phone the service guy and ask what he can get the fog light kit for. im a little bit retarded when it comes to DIY projects because i like it to look professional. i am a mechanic, but definately not that kind of mechanic haha

Shambala 10-29-2008 10:41 AM

im going to have to phone the service guy and ask what he can get the fog light kit for. im a little bit retarded when it comes to DIY projects because i like it to look professional. i am a mechanic, but definately not that kind of mechanic haha
All mitsu parts I have bought so far comes with some sort of easy to follow installation instructions so, I don't think you can mess it up more than what your local mechanic can do, since they follow the same instructions you would...

BrodyGuy 10-29-2008 10:48 AM

hahaha thats both reassuring on the personal end and disconcerting in terms of my mechanic lol

mitsupartsman.com 10-29-2008 01:55 PM

The outlander kit comes with a new multifunction turn switch with the foglamp switch included.

Shambala 10-29-2008 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com
The outlander kit comes with a new multifunction turn switch with the foglamp switch included.
:) YAY!!![sm=groupwave.gif]

[sm=happy046.gif]

Well that makes the $250 value even better to handle...lol...

dger 10-31-2008 01:08 AM

Thinking of additional upgrades.... european models don't have tire pressure monitor. Your educated guess please, is it possible to install the system & to receive the relative readings on the panel or the MMCS, I really don't know where it shows on US models.
THX...