Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Socket on MMCS/Altitude

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Default Socket on MMCS/Altitude

What is the socket for on the bottom of the MMCS screen?

Also is it possible to reset the altitude as if I park next to the sea the altimeter can be anything upto 200ft out?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM

Ha.. what socket? I'ma have to go look at mine when I get off.

If anyone knows about the altimiter that would be nice because sometimes my house is at 400 feet and sometimes 700ish feet.. or something in between. That is pretty bad.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:50 AM

This one

Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM

Heh, i've taken out my hard drive a few times and messed around with the unit a ton and never noticed that... But anyways it looks like an 8mm headphone jack. Try to grab a pair of headphones and play some music, or possibly watch a DVD.

Its probably there to disable the output of the sound to the car speakers.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM

The socket is where you insert a special key when you are updating the Navi data from a DVD.

I don't think it serves any other function.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 AM

So it is possible to update the NAVI without taking the hdd out. Is this something that the local Dealer will be able to do?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 AM

Yes you can update the NAVI without removing the hdd. I haven't had it done but you purchase a update DVD and key. The key fits the socket and the DVD writes the update to the hdd.

It is something your dealer would do (for a charge) or I imagine it would be easy enough to do yourself.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Any idea where I can get it from and how much?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Your dealer should be able to tell you if there is an update to your installed maps, how old is you Outlander and do you know the current version of the maps. I think there was a upgrade to the euro maps at the end of 2008 or early 2009. As for the price I'm not sure but probably think of a number and double it!!
More information in this thread
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31586

To answer your earlier question on the altitude you cannot adjust it as it is based on information received from the NAVI satellites, its accuracy is rubbish and is almost always incorrect.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Default Update re Altimeter

The car was due its first service at the begining of this month as it is now twelve months old.

As I was passing a Mitsubishi dealership (not my local one) a few weeks ago I called in to ask about the Altimeter problem and was told that it was something they had come across before and it could be fixed under warranty

So the next day I booked the car in at my local dealership for the service, a couple of recalls and the altimeter to be fixed.

I took the car in last week and after a couple of hours they said all the work had been done but didn't know how to fix the altimeter.

On leaving the dealership to go back to work I noticed that they had obviously done something as the tracking had been reset. No problem there but they have done more than that because now the altimeter does not work at all

I have emailed the garage, but not had a reply, and also emailed Mitsubishi UK head office. Head office have at least responded by saying that I should take it to my local dealer for them to look at. As they are the ones who broke it I am rather reluctant to do that unless they now know how to fix it properly.

I will keep you informed of any progress.

Quick Reply: Socket on MMCS/Altitude