Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Solution for 2 sets of tires and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Default Solution for 2 sets of tires and TPMS

Check out the link below for a solution to the whole TPMS thing and 2 sets of tires.

If you get your TPMS codes read, send them to this guy and he will program sensors to MATCH your OEM codes. Therefore eliminating the dealer when doing a rim swap (when you want to keep the TPMS that is)

I know this is an EVO x forum, but I figured the systems are the same. I drive a 2012 Outlander GT
I'm gonna give it a go, and will report the results in about a week or so.

TPMS Sensors FS - Programmed for FREE - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM

A bit too expensive, there are other 315MHz TPMS sensors capable of mimicking stock ones available for less than $40 per wheel.

But still. good to know, thanks.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:06 PM

who makes them and how much for the program tool?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM

Hey all, I 'm the guy that programmed the tpms sensors for boogunoogun. I drive an evo and have 4 sets of wheels for it - daily, snows and two track sets. All my wheels have tpms sensors in them and i can freely change sets without getting any tpms lights on the dash. The sensors i use require no trips to the dealer everytime you change wheels nor do they require you to disable the tpms system in your car. There is no modification to the settings on your ecu. I have programmed a bunch of sensors for all types of Mitsubishis. If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM

I bought the sensors from N.G.S.

They worked PERFECTLY. I'm so pumped I don't have to go to the dealer ship every time I change from snow tires to summer tires.

He is accurate, writes everything down and on the boxes. VERY QUICK TO SHIP.

Thanks man

Old 04-22-2018, 09:25 PM

RE: 2016 Outlander GT TPMS PIDs for Torque Pro

Hello There;

I recently got a OBDII with an expectation to see the tire pressures in each of the 4 tires. I can connect to the OBDII very easily and see many sensors, but not the sensors for the TPMS. I have tried those EX and LX Mitsubishi plugins in Torque Pro, but still do not see TPMS sensors.

I even tried to added the PIDs my garage scanned when swapping tires, but Torque Pro read out 0. Not sure if this is because I did not put in the proper header and equations.

Does anyone here have the PIDs for the TPMS on 2016 Outlander GT? In case it helps, here is the OBDII that I have https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XTRO...311.0.0.npYQg8.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 AM

jllmoe

Interested to know what additional sensors you can monitor with the EX and LX add-ons. Any of them useful?

Old 04-23-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by slorimer
jllmoe

Interested to know what additional sensors you can monitor with the EX and LX add-ons. Any of them useful?
I was focusing on the TPMS sensors, so did not pay attention if these EX LX plugins' sensors are additional or duplicates to the original Torque sensors.

So anyone can help on the TPMS PIDs on 2016 Outlander GT 3.0L?

Thx

Old 04-24-2018, 11:50 PM

There is no need for mimic'd sensors on the outlander. I have a Outlander and it can support 2 different sets of TPMS's.
I use the stock wheels N tires for winter, and a set of ASA 19's with Dunlop summer tires for SUMMER>>... I just got a set of sensors from a salvage yard for my NICE wheels. You can go into the setup menu and change them on your own when ever you need. You just need to have them read at the dealer ship for the 1st time.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Krakker
There is no need for mimic'd sensors on the outlander. I have a Outlander and it can support 2 different sets of TPMS's.
I use the stock wheels N tires for winter, and a set of ASA 19's with Dunlop summer tires for SUMMER>>... I just got a set of sensors from a salvage yard for my NICE wheels. You can go into the setup menu and change them on your own when ever you need. You just need to have them read at the dealer ship for the 1st time.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I saw that from some Youtube videos, but after getting into the setup menu on my dash, I saw it is set as 2 (for my winter tire I guess, just taken off), BUT after holding the info button for much more than 10s, it does not switch to 1 (my all season tires I guess), instead it gets out of setup menu. I am sure both sets of TPMS are programmed to my ECU, because this is the 3rd season for my both the all season and winter tires; and the RESET button above the 1--2 tire switch option is grayed out.

Any thoughts?
Thx again

Quick Reply: Solution for 2 sets of tires and TPMS