Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Some options added

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Default Some options added

I'm not sure if anybody cares about this, but I'll share just in case. I've got an '07 Outlander LS, black on black. Over the course of two dealer visits (damn back-order) I had a bug shield, the cargo organizer, the fog lights, and the bluetooth installed. I had a couple of questions answered. I thought the curious might be interested.

1. The bug shield is very discreet. I'm surprised it clips onto the hood as well as screws. It looks a little different than I'm used to, but I like that I can't see it from driving position. I was worried about the look. It's very sleek.

2. The cargo organizer is definitely helpful, as I actually use the back as a trunk. I don't use it much for hauling stuff. It just clips into the little tabs on the floor.

3. The bluetooth is quite a toy. I like it a lot. You guys know how that one works, I assume. The only thing that I discovered is that dealer-man told me that if it's pre-wired like my LS, it's not as easy and quick as one might hope. The radio has to come out, the glove box has to come out, the wiring has to be re-routed, and the computer has to be re-set. I think it was listed as a 2-hour job.

4. The big one. . .the fog lights. I know the XLS crowd has some issues with when the fogs can turn on and off. I never really paid attention because of my LS-ness. The fogs are rimmed with silver. It was also listed at 2 hours. For those of you wondering, I did get a brand new turn-signal stalk, with the fog light dial. Again, I don't know much about the XLS, but here's what I had/have. Old: DRLs always on, two positions on the stalk-all lightsoff/on. New: DRLs always on (they're still the main headlights, NOT the new fogs), three positions on the stalk-off/parking and interior/on, plus the fog twist dial. The fog lights do not turn on until the headlights are also on.

Lastly, apparently they would not sell me the phone/fog "package." They would only sell it separately, for quite a bit more than the $490 package listed on Mitsu's website. Anyway, I am planning on taking some pictures when it's light outside. If you have any questions, let me know.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned
Default RE: Some options added

Ever thought of using a clear bra? Basically clear M3 vinyl. Its also guarenteed for life : )

Old 06-22-2007, 07:40 AM

I had the fog lights and BT installed on my LS (Canadian) as well. While I wasn't there when they installed the fogs, I was when they installed the BT. It took about 15-20 minutes all together. Is thedealer charging you for the installation? If yes, they are definetly trying to milk you telling you that the BT installation takes 2 hrs. LOL. I'm pretty sure the fogs istallation take less than an hour as well as the car is prewired.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 AM

+1 on hooking up the BT. Seriously, if this takes more than half an hour for everything inlclding reassembly, swithcing the CAN Bus on and testing I'd be surprised. Not sure why they want to pull the glove box - its not necessary unless they need to install the microphone wiring separately and it runs down the passeger sideA piller.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:11 AM

The XLS w/ Luxury pkg has HIDs and they replace the fog lamps with driving lights. I guess the HIDs focused beams cut through the fogsuch that dedicated fogs are not needed. Hence no need for special fog position on the light switch.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:39 PM

The fog lights are not easy to put in. You have to pull the front bumper cover completely off the car, and you also have to put the new turn signal switch in. It is time consuming.