Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Default stalling issues

Ive got an 03 outlander and yesterday while on the phone with my wife she informed me the car had died. It started back up fine and died again then was able to start up fine again and keep thr revs up enough to get home. Looked at it today, theres a gas smell here and there in the bay while running and there seems to be no pattern to the car dying. Theres no misfires and was able to change my coil packs out with a spare set i have. Also cleaned the throttle body. Unplugged maf while running and she stays running tho sounds louder and not as "clear" as it does when maf is plugged in. Didnt keep it that way long but didnt seem to dip or stall like it had been. Also ran car at 3000rpms sustained and it would dip down to 2700 here and there but would not stall or die, just dip a lilb bit. So im confused and need help. Maybe fuel pump shorting out? Fuel filter doesnt sound very likely tho possible. Fuel pressure regulator was another thing i was thinking. Im not as big on mitsubishis, but how are the egr iacv tps? In my nissan they seem pretty usual suspects and i have the line going to the egr valve blocked off with a screw in my sr20 as an easy fix. All help is appreciated thank you.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 PM

To the top

Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 AM

Anybody experienced this before?

Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Anyone

Old 02-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Default Did you ever figure it out?

Originally Posted by TREKsportMK3
Ive got an 03 outlander and yesterday while on the phone with my wife she informed me the car had died. It started back up fine and died again then was able to start up fine again and keep thr revs up enough to get home. Looked at it today, theres a gas smell here and there in the bay while running and there seems to be no pattern to the car dying. Theres no misfires and was able to change my coil packs out with a spare set i have. Also cleaned the throttle body. Unplugged maf while running and she stays running tho sounds louder and not as "clear" as it does when maf is plugged in. Didnt keep it that way long but didnt seem to dip or stall like it had been. Also ran car at 3000rpms sustained and it would dip down to 2700 here and there but would not stall or die, just dip a lilb bit. So im confused and need help. Maybe fuel pump shorting out? Fuel filter doesnt sound very likely tho possible. Fuel pressure regulator was another thing i was thinking. Im not as big on mitsubishis, but how are the egr iacv tps? In my nissan they seem pretty usual suspects and i have the line going to the egr valve blocked off with a screw in my sr20 as an easy fix. All help is appreciated thank you.
Check battery voltage?

Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 PM

Are you getting any codes you can have read?