Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Stuck fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Default Stuck fuel door?

So I picked up a used '08 XLS with 35k miles on it Saturday morning. I like it so far except... This morning I was about 40 miles from home on my way to go snowboarding and stopped to gas up. When I got there, I couldn't get the fuel door to open. I pulled the handle to release it about a million times. I could hear it making a noise back by the gas cap every time I pulled it. I ended up wedging my wallet under the handle in the release position and still couldn't get it with my fingers. I'm pretty sure i had it fully engaged so I took a small screwdriver with a rag and had to pry the door open. I'll be calling up the dealer tomorrow and getting them to fix it. The funny thing is the sales guy put some gas in it Friday night so I could drive it home to show the wife so it worked then. I tried searching multiple times for anyone else experiencing this problem and it either doesn't happen often or I didn't hit the right search string. Anyone have any input so I have some ammunition if the dealer gives me a hard time?