Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Teaser (updated with Hi Res)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Default Teaser (updated with Hi Res)

My Outie has arrived at the dealership so I paid them a visit today to have a look pre-collection next week.

Here are a few pics I took with my phone whilst there.

Name:  Teaser.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  Teaser1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:  Teaser2.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  Teaser3.jpg
Size:  44.9 KB

Old 04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Teaser

Why would you take the nice rims off for the steelies? Was that a cheaper option? LOL

Old 04-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Knowing my luck I'll probably crunch them on the first day.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 PM

i deffiniatly like the mesh grill,

but that change to steelies... all i can say is[sm=redxX.gif]

Old 04-28-2007, 07:50 PM

There'll be plenty more to see soon, some things you will like some you won't. UK drivers have different tastes with certain things. I know you guys don't like a lot of chrome parts, I don't either especially on wheels or around windows, but after seeing outies side by side it's easy to see where it looks best. I didn't want it around the head lamps and asked them to leave it off but after seeing the warrior on the lot in silver with it as well as the mesh i changed my mind, it narrows the headlamps making them look more piercing,same with the mirrors and the door handles which were originally black, they supplied stick on covers over the handles you don't notice till you go up close. I take it your chrome handles aren't stick on plates.

Warrior I saw with the headlight trim

Name:  headlamptrim.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  20.5 KB

Old 04-28-2007, 09:24 PM

I dont think we can even get chrome handles... mine are painted silver.
I do like the blacked out headlights tho.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:57 AM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

I dont think we can even get chrome handles... mine are painted silver.
I do like the blacked out headlights tho.
And not even the "silver" silver, but more of matte silver with a clear coat. (Just my 2 cents) the mesh grille looks cool but the steel rims are not so nice to look at. I'd rather live with the original grille but with alloy rims than have the mesh grille with black steel rims. And the body side moldings are bit wide for my taste. But never mind though, it's your ride, and I take it you don't mind us making comments since you posted pictures.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 AM

I don't mind the comments at all that's why the pics are up, but of course you do realise antlipwas kidding about the stealies, they're just for transportation from Japan before the Eurofit 19's shown.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: zontarh

I don't mind the comments at all that's why the pics are up, but of course you do realise antlipwas kidding about the stealies, they're just for transportation from Japan before the Eurofit 19's shown.
No I didn't know you can actually order an Outlander with steel wheels just for transport. Must be a UK thing. How long for your special order to arrive? Seems to me you can pretty much customize everything in your Outlander in UK.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:54 AM

The alloy wheel in the cardboard box is mine at the dealers waiting to be fitted, the dealer showed me one from the set so I could see it was the correct one before fitting, showed me the tyres too to prove they were't cheaping out on me.

Let me explain. The base model in the UK comes with 16" steel wheels with plastic wheel trims, the plastic wheel trims are in the back of my outie in the protective packaging (remember my outie only just arrived at the dealership, shipping from Japan with them already fitted is asking for trouble). The next model up (Warrior) and the top model (Elegance) come with the same 18" wheels you have as stock.The 19" wheels are an option from the UK accessories brochure. You can choose 16" Rimfire alloys, 18" Le Mans II alloys or you can have the 6 Spoke 19" alloys. None of this is after market it's Mitsubishi UK.

Steel wheels with plastic trim

Name:  plastictrim.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  8.7 KB

16" Rimfire alloys

Name:  16sRimfire.jpg
Size:  8.1 KB

18" Le Mans II alloys

Name:  LeMansII.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  8.9 KB

19" 6 Spoke alloys

Name:  19s.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  34.2 KB Name:  19sblack.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  34.1 KB

Quick Reply: Teaser (updated with Hi Res)