Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Teaser (updated with Hi Res)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Default RE: Teaser

[sm=oopssign.gif]I thought everyone would catch on seeing the 19s in the next picture. Hey zontarh, do you think in the UK they sell that mess grill as a replacement part? Im sure they would have to incase someone gets into an accident and needs a new grill......hmmmmmmm. You mind asking when you go pick your outlander up?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:19 PM

The mesh grill can be purchased anytime you want, it doesn't have to come already fitted.

I pick mine up on Friday, they still have to fit the wheels, rear bumper protection plate, bluetooth, paint front skid plate and tint rear and side window. The rest was already fitted at port.

Oh and my OEM replacement rear wing has arrived in the country direct from Japanese supplier, I only just ordered it on Tuesday. I'm going to fit it myself after reading Biscuit's DIY.

Name:  MZ575690.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  25.0 KB

Old 04-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Those Le Mans 18" looks cool. How much are those? Are those original Mitsu parts too?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:30 PM

The Le Mans are Mitsu and they are also found on the Mitsu Grandis (mpv) Not sure how much they cost but judging by what i paid for mine I'd start saving now lol.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 PM

What options for the alloy wheels are standard in the UK? But I bet you really liked the 19" that you didn't go for the standard 18". Mitsu UK seem to offer much more customization than I previously thought. Well, it's a good market for Mitsu so I see why they spoil their customers. The US market isn't that affectionate with Mitsu so we don't get even the full basic lineup of accessories like UK and Japan. As an example, why offer roof rails when you can't offer additional attachments for it, like bike and ski racks etc. And it's not because they don't manufacture these, but they just refuse to sell it in the US.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM

I wanted 19's period but not neccessarily Mitsu, my first choice were aftermarket 19" Vemiri Parelae but theyonly come in with the one offset measurement which was just a little too aggressive for the Outie, it might still happen yet but there's a possibilty of rubbing issues on the fenders. with the correct tyre brand might still be able to get them in (it's the fronts which create the problem wouldn't want them sticking out too farlooking stupid. In the end I opt'd for the factory 19" to avoid waranty issues.

19" Vemiri Paralae

Name:  vemiri2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  vemiri1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  26.6 KB

Name:  vemiri.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  41.0 KB

If I were you I'd import all the accessories yourself from Japan, that's what I did with the things that Mitsu UK weren't offering me. It's all OEM stuff.
If you want ordering details just hit me up with a PM, supplier ships worldwide.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 AM
ash

Zontarh It sounds to me as if you should have ordered the Warrior Spec in the first place [sm=smiley2.gif], as it looks as if your spending a fair bit on extras which come as standard on the Warrior.

Can you tell me how much the rear bumper protection plate was, as I'm thinking of getting one too.

I ordered a Warrior with leather about two weeks ago. 6 to 8 week delivery. We don't have a Mitsubishi Dealer on the Isle of Man, so am going through an Island based broker, getting a £1,500.00 discount and they have given me a good part exchange deal on my present car.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 AM

It would seem the obvious choice to go up a model but the warrior just doesn't fit all of my requirements plus I'd still have to spend over £2k on the wheels on top of the higher starting price, I'd have to remove the front resin gaurd without reimbursment, third row of seats would have to come out etc etc. If I was you I'd get your rear bumper protection plate from Ireland, the UK will sting you for everything given the chance. go to this addressfor Ireland prices.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ie/conf...Name=Outlander

Old 04-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Zontarh: Is there a BLACK (plastic) bumber protector offered in UK? I don't remember seeing it in the brochures I saw, but just checking. Here we are only getting the stainless steel one.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm on the case, will post back soon.

Quick Reply: Teaser (updated with Hi Res)