Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS sensitivity and hesitation TSB

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
tcp
Default TPMS sensitivity and hesitation TSB

I went to drive away yesterday morning and got the tire pressure warning on my outlander. I had a quick visual check and things looked fine. I was in a bit of a rush, so I ran my errand and everything seemed fine, no pulling on the wheel or soft feeling or anything. The warning occured again when starting the vehicle for my trip home. When I got home i did a quick check of the pressures and here's what I found:

Front right: 28psi
Front left: 30psi
Rear left: 31pst
Rear right: 32psi

The pressure before I left may have been a bit lower all around due to colder temperatures and cold tires(sitting in the garage at an indicated 3°C)

While every bit of information I've read about TPMS systems indicate that it should error when one tire is below 60-70% of normal pressure(22psi for the outlander's recommended 32psi inflations pressure), the TPMS seems to be set more sensative than that. This could account for other people getting warnings as well.

On another note. I spoke with the service manager, Norm, at Platinum mitsubishi here in Calgary and he seems pretty "switched-on" as he knew of the TSB for the hesitation and immediately booked me an appointment to have it updated. My outie goes in on thursday morning to be reprogrammed. I'll let you know the experience and results of that appointment.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Default RE: TPMS sensitivity and hesitation TSB

Noticed the same thing on our Outlander....pressure warning goes off in around 26-28psi. Not that I'm complaining, as it has saved us on 2 occasions now when we picked up nails.

Hyatt Mitsubishi in Calgary also seems to be pretty on the ball about the TSB's.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM

better than in Gatineau....I went last week for the TSB on hesitation.... what I feared happenned...

- did not knew about it...said it was a USA thing...blah blah...cold weather are not the same...blah.blah..all bull**** to me.
- but I could not argue that my VINwas not in the listed VIN on the TSb....but mine was built in May...I let it go for now

but I would like to have them check the version I have installed at my first oil change...

also anybody with paint problem ? my front bumper is cracking everywhere ... and I did not hit anything and no sign that someone hit me in a parking... they said they will look at it at my first oil change...

Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM

No problems with the paint here. I waxed it twice and wash it all the time and noticed nothing.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:32 PM

No paint problem either. If you still have problems with your dealer, contact Mitsu Canada and they can provide them with the most up to date info. Mine is a Feb build and had it flashed. Mitsu Canada confirmed it was required for my vehicle.

Took a day or two for the computer to re-learn my driving patterns, but it works better than ever now.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 PM

My TPMS is screwed up. All of my tires are above 32psi and the TPMS is still going off all of the time, but it may just be my car.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM

theres a difference between a tire pressure warning from low pressure, and a tire pressure system fault.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ZuluXls

also anybody with paint problem ? my front bumper is cracking everywhere ... and I did not hit anything and no sign that someone hit me in a parking
New cars can get damaged on the ship over car transporter to the dealer and even at the dealership, any info that your cars has been repaired or re-painted ask to see your car file at the dealer or speak to Mitsubishi HQ in your country.

If they wont repair it get a paint depth gauge and see if its been repainted, then you got the proof need that its been damaged

Puddy

Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 PM

+1 on the paint depth gauge.

I had a friend that bought a new Rolls they had all kinds of freaky problems with the car. Did the paint depth test and found out that it had been repainted which lead to the discovery that it was damaged in transport.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM

great tx guys!

Quick Reply: TPMS sensitivity and hesitation TSB