Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jonathan Truong
This is bizarre. The last time I did a TPMS relearn on a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV using the Autel TS508, it went off without a hitch. Did the instrument cluster light up (idiot lights included) when the ignition is in the ON position? If the Outlander PHEV selection is the issue, try selecting Mitsubishi, Outlander, 12-2006-12/2022 (4250B975) or 05/2017-03/2021 (4250D585). Let me know how it turns out.
Yes, I pushed the start button twice without touching the brake and all the lights on the dash lit up. I took a video of the whole process here.
I'm pretty stumped. I'll try those other vehicle selections you mentioned this evening.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:28 AM

This is worrying. I'll take a look at the shop's Autel TS508. I just did a software update. If a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV rolls in for a winter tire swap, I'll share the results.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:53 PM

UPDATE: I just did an OBD relearn on a customer's 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with the Autel MaxiTPMS TS508. Here's the video of the procedure in progress. Sorry for the poor lighting and too much auto-focus.

The only questions I want to ask is: Was the TS508 registered and fully updated? And have you set up an Autel account at https://pro.autel.com ?

Last edited by Jonathan Truong; 11-09-2022 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:36 PM

Thanks for sharing that! Looks like I followed the same procedure. May I ask, are you located in the USA? I'm in Canada, and I'm starting to wonder if there is a significant difference between the US and Canadian Outlander PHEV models.

I did have the most updated software and the tool is registered. I contacted Autel support and have a discussion going with them. They pushed some beta software to my device, but no go. I even Skyped with them through the whole process. We are at the point where I have sent them a bunch of information and pictures about the vehicle, sensors, etc, because they don't know why it isn't working. Will keep you posted.

Another hunch I have is... Maybe I need to leave the driver side door open through the whole process? I don't know... Getting desperate. I'm nearing the point of just taking it to the dealership and getting them to do it!

Old 11-09-2022, 09:43 PM

I'm also in Canada. Surrey, British Columbia is where my workplace is located. The Outlander PHEV I performed the relearn procedure on was a Canadian-spec PHEV model. And the TS508 I used was a Chinese-built Global version. As for the TS508 you're using, was it a North American version or a Global version? Was it made in China or Vietnam? And was the tool manufactured after 2018?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of TPMS sensors did you use on your winter rims? And were the tire pressures set to 35 psi?

Last edited by Jonathan Truong; 11-10-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:30 AM

I have the global version of TS508. Not sure about the other details, will have to check when I'm home.

I don't actually know the sensor models that I'm using. A tire shop installed them 3 years ago when I got the rims. I don't have the equipment or know-how to remove or install the tires from the rims to check. I do know that the TS508 can read their info without issue (ID's, pressure, temp, battery), so I suspect the issue lies elsewhere. Tires are at 35 psi. These sensors also worked in previous years when the dealership did the relearn.

Last edited by zapp7; 11-10-2022 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:42 AM

I see. I just updated the TS508 to sensor version 6.36 and vehicle version 1.90. I'll find out what the results are when the time comes.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jonathan Truong
I see. I just updated the TS508 to sensor version 6.36 and vehicle version 1.90. I'll find out what the results are when the time comes.
The plot thickens. At Autel's suggestion, I tried the relearn procedure with my summer tires (without putting them on the car) and the procedure worked. I did it again using a different tire order and it worked. I then reattempted with my winters, and the process failed. Seems there is something with my winter tire sensors that the device does not like.

Old 11-20-2022, 10:55 PM

Something tells me the sensors in the winter tires didn't want to get along with the TS508. The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV I worked on over two weeks ago used Autel MX 1-Sensors already programmed and installed inside its set of winter wheels and tires. Before those, my workplace used Schrader EZ-Sensor 33500s on a number of vehicles, including a few Mitsubishis. I'd say give the Autel MX 1-Sensors a try. You should find them on Princess Auto. But keep that in mind that they come in blank and they must be programmed with your Autel TS508 BEFORE they're installed into your winter wheels and tires. Just select Quick Mode or Advanced Mode, then the make, model, and year/frequency of your vehicle, then Program Sensor before selecting the four programming options. Mainly, I used Auto Create 1-16 Sensors to program a set of four sensors at the same time.

Last edited by Jonathan Truong; 11-20-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:15 PM

Thank you for the information! You've been very helpful.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and get the tire shop to do it. I was hoping that I could save a few bucks with this tool in case the tire shop ever forgot to do the reset properly, but it seems there's a lot more involved than I would have liked and I don't want to spend this much time on it. At least I know I can reset the TPMS for the summer tires with the TS508 if I ever have that issue again. I recently got a new 2nd vehicle too, so hopefully the TS508 will come in handy for that one at some point.

Quick Reply: TPMS tool