Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Turbo Vacuum help required

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Default Turbo Vacuum help required

Thanks for having me on the forum, I will try to keep it short and sweet, I purchased an Outlander at Auction with 64k on the clock, I had it delivered as I lived a good way away from the Auctions, driving it for its MOT about 5 miles later the head gasket blew on the motorway at 70 mph , as I had no comebacks against the Auction or the garage selling it I was advised to purchase a low mileage secondhand engine as there was a possibility that there was additional damage to the engine, I had it fitted only to discover that the Turbo was passing oil , I took it to a local garage and £610 later I have a car that goes into limp mode with ECU codes P0234 (Turbo over boost) and P0401 (Exhaust Gas Re circulation inadequate), (my original turbo was refurbished with new bearings and seals), speaking to the mechanic he feels that either the pipes have been crossed by the mechanic who fitted the replacement engine or the vac box is faulty, he has blocked the vac pipe to the EGR(hence the EGR code) as he feels it was getting Vac at the wrong time, has anyone got a vac pipe diagram for the 2.0L VAG BSY engine so I can rule this out, also any advice (other than scrap it lol ) would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance,

Neil

Old 08-29-2017, 02:50 PM

I went in work today on a different shift and one of the lads on the shift has a 2.0l outlander checked the pipework on his vacuum system and it appears the same!!!!! removed the blanking plug the mechanic had put in the vacuum pipe for the egr valve............ thick white smoke came out of the exhaust, engine coughed and spluttered and cut out within 5 seconds, removed the pipe from the egr to put the blank back in, there was a pop so is holding vacuum, placed blank back in vac pipe and engine runs anyone any ideas???????
Cheers

Neil

Last edited by NeilB1970; 08-29-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-03-2023, 05:04 PM
Default Mitsubishi bsy engine vacuum problem

Originally Posted by NeilB1970
I went in work today on a different shift and one of the lads on the shift has a 2.0l outlander checked the pipework on his vacuum system and it appears the same!!!!! removed the blanking plug the mechanic had put in the vacuum pipe for the egr valve............ thick white smoke came out of the exhaust, engine coughed and spluttered and cut out within 5 seconds, removed the pipe from the egr to put the blank back in, there was a pop so is holding vacuum, placed blank back in vac pipe and engine runs anyone any ideas???????
Cheers

Neil
Hello. see this post was added years ago. But I have exactly the same problem myself, the top was changed, and got the same error as you after this, I'm pretty sure that the vacuum hoses are installed correctly. Did you find out what the problem was, hope for an answer. etc. jonny