Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tweeter Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Default Tweeter Install

I was looking at my doors the other day, and noticed that there are actually no tweeters past the grills. I am looking at getting component speakers for Christmas, and was wondering if anyone knew is the doors were already wired for tweeters, if they aren't installed from the factory. Also, if the car didn't come with the Infinity system, if there is still the stock amp?

Old 08-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Default RE: Tweeter Install

Usually mitsu keeps it simple and has the wires there for everything even if your specific model didnt have that option installed....and i would guess if you dont have the infinity system you wouldnt have the amp...not 100% sure about the amp situation though lets see what some others have to say

Old 08-13-2006, 02:51 PM

The tweeters are prewired and an easy install. You will not have the amp if you have the stock system and not theupgraded Infinity. On the good side, if you upgrade your HU and get the tweeters, you will have a pretty decent stereo. I didn't even bother changing out the other 4 speakers in my car, but then again I'm not going for an amp'd system in my car. There is decent bass response and the highs are pretty good too. I was impressed with the stock system in the Outlander.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:58 PM

yeah i think the stock infinity system is awesome...i dont plan on upgrading it at all

Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 AM

Hi, will it be possible to just stick in the tweeters without adding an amp or cross overs? Can you please show me how to remove the covers? Thanks!

Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 PM

You don't need any additional equipment to install the tweeters, just buy a nice set and hook up the wiring to the factory wires. The cover just pops off- take a screwdriver or something and gently pry the cover off- be careful not to scratch up the plastic. after you're done, it will just snap back into place.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:48 PM

Thank you very much!

Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 PM

Dirtwagon is right, I didn't have tweeters in mine when I bought it new but it is prewired and an easy fix. Didn't do it myself but I had my local stereo shop install them when getting my windows limo tinted. I watched the guy do it and all he did was pop off the panel with the tweeters, wires were right there and the whole installation was under five minutes.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM

Sweet. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:23 PM

That's great news! Just got my '06 Outlander LS two weeks ago. I used to drive a 1985 VW GTI.
I noticed there were no tweeters when I cleaned my car. Stock speakers sound great.

Quick Reply: Tweeter Install