Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

UK Outlander Diamond and setting up Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Default UK Outlander Diamond and setting up Bluetooth

Hi Guys,

Picked up a 2008 Outlander Diamond spec the other day and having trouble getting the Bluetooth to work. The owners guide I have refers to the standard audio without the MMCS so refers to the speech button and the Voice Recognition but what ever I do pressing the speech button nothing happens. Should I get a confirmation beep? The manual states that pressing the speech button will display "listening" on the stereo but I can't see that due to the MMCS so should something be displayed there.

I've looked in the MMCS manual I have and that has no mention of what to do with setting up Bluetooth.

One of the reasons for getting the car was for the Bluetooth. So far all the other features have been pretty intuitive so this is frustrating the hell out of me.

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 AM
ndj

I can't give you the specific instructions as my Outlander has departed but pressing the speech button on the wheel should spur the voice interface into life (i.e., the system will ask you what you want to do and verbally "list" options).

The first one you need to do is "pair a phone".

If you are not getting this response there could be a problem.

So far as I'm aware the MMCS does not display any prompts.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the reply ndj. Looks like I may have a problem as I'm not getting a response when pressing the speech button.

I'll try changing "settings" back to defaults in case previous owner up set anything.