Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Understanding F.A.S.T key

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Default Understanding F.A.S.T key

I've read the manual, but it confused me, so maybe you can answer my questions

I can use the key to open and start the car without taking it out of the pocket and I set it to open all doors my question is about locking the doors and unlocking only the trunk.

Can Iset the system to work: Park, Turn Engine Off, Close door, walk away? (currently I either touch the black button on the door handle or use the remote to lock it)

Can I open just the trunk and not open all the doors, or at least lock them after I close the trunk?

Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Default RE: Understanding F.A.S.T key

There is no auto lock. If you Park, Turn off, Get our and Walk away the doors will never lock automatically. You have to lock on the door or the key pad.
You can open the trunk but all doors will unlock. I dont see why you couldnt lock the doors with the trunk open I havent tried it myself.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:33 PM

lets assume, I am coming from the store to drop some groceries, i put them in the trunk, close itand go to another store. Do I have to relock the car at this point?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Yes. The outlander doesnt auto lock no matter what. You always have to manually lock it either from the door lock or the fast key.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM

thanks! really annoying though. It's almost a half *** job here on FAST key functionality, I guess we'll have to live with it.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 PM

It's almost a half *** job here on FAST key functionality
Kinda funny you mention that scenario because my 08 Lancer with FAST key just has a push button on the trunk (no mechanical lock nor handle for it). When you open the trunk, it keeps the rest of the car doors locked, so no need to re-lock everything -- just close it and walk away! I do this all the time when bringing groceries in

Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 PM

that's what I am talking about. Even in my TSX, while it didn't have fancy FAST key, all I had to do is click the trunk opener and close it, didn't affect the doors

Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Well its not a trunk. Thats the main difference. Seems like your saying the 08 lancer is only accesable from the open button on the remote. Well the outlander has a handle too and it has the fast key touch open option.Your comparing a hatch to a trunk that alwyas locks when closed.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Well its not a trunk. Thats the main difference. Seems like your saying the 08 lancer is only accesable from the open button on the remote. Well the outlander has a handle too and it has the fast key touch open option.Your comparing a hatch to a trunk that alwyas locks when closed.
Exactly. Didn't mean to bring this thread off topic though The trunk on the lancer can be opened with either the button on the remote or a black button located directly on the trunk (which then checks for presence of the FAST key before unlatching, but never unlocks all the doors as the front door touch handles would do). Models without the FAST key have a mechanical key cylinder in place of the black button.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM

I wish the doors locked automatically. I also wish there was lock buttons on the trunk. Any ideas on how we could do that CHEAPLY (key word cheaply)

Quick Reply: Understanding F.A.S.T key