Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Upgrade Window Switches (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/upgrade-window-switches-39053/)

gringgo 03-31-2011 05:04 PM

Upgrade Window Switches

My '07 Outie has the 3-position driver window switch that allows full up, full down and manual adjustment. The other three switches on the driver's door are all manual adjustment. Call me lazy but I want this feature on all the other windows! :D

I went to the dealer and I could not buy a single driver's door switch since the switches are all located in a single housing. This would obviously (didn't bother asking) be very expensive to buy 3 boxes. So I was thinking of hitting up a salvage yard or something.

Anyone out there lazy like me and thought about this same thing, and was it ever implemented?

hotponyshoes 04-01-2011 04:37 AM

Not sure if the drivers switch would fit into the cut-outs on the other doors though??

Mine actually works like this from the factory, ie. all doors have 1-touch operation, either from the drivers position or from the door itself.

I am not sure it is supposed to work like this though? Also, the options in the mmcs (to shut the windows when you lock the car) do not seem to work which makes me think something is astray in the programming of the etacs.

Which makes me think you should be able to program the etacs to give all windowsw 1-touch operation without changing any switches?

I may have a set of drivers door switches about though if you need some

gringgo 04-01-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by hotponyshoes (Post 271176)
Not sure if the drivers switch would fit into the cut-outs on the other doors though??

Also, the options in the mmcs (to shut the windows when you lock the car) do not seem to work which makes me think something is astray in the programming of the etacs.

I will look into the mmcs since mine doesn't close the windows when the vehicle is shut off. The switch would not fit since it houses 4 switches. I was only thinking of putting in the 1-touch switches in the other locations in the driver's door box.

hotponyshoes 04-02-2011 03:34 AM

Yes, I ment I am not sure if the drivers switch would fit the other doors?

As the drivers is in a housing which makes the surround and the other door switches look to have there own housings built into them.

Next problem you will may have is: Does the drivers switch actually control the one-touch function? ie, is it something in the switch that makes the windows complete the full travel? If you pull the switch all the way up and the window shuts what stops the motor burning out as the switch should have some sort of latch in it?

I think it is more likly that the one-touch is done by the window motor controller.
In that case you will either have extra wires going to the drivers switch to tell it to do a 'full-roll' in which case the wiring wont be there for other windows so just replacing the switches with drivers ones wont work, or, it is programed into the controller so all the switches would be ok anyway and you just need to re-program.

I think the last one is most likly right.

As I said, my car has one-touch on all the windows now. Mitsubishi told me it is not ment to do this though.

In one of the options screens on the mmcs I have an option to fold the mirrors in when I lock the car.
If I turn this on the mirrors do fold (or not if I choose) so I presume the mmcs is working with the car ok and letting it reprogram the options.

There is also a option to close any open windows when the car is locked but this does not work, the windows just stay open. Makes me thing my window controller may be programed 'wrong' which has given me the one-touch on all windows?

There may even be an option to set the one-touch in the mmcs? Maybe worth having a look at yours and letting us know whats in there?

Would also be nice if you could see if your windows shut when you lock the car and if you can change this via the mmcs?

firstorbit84 04-02-2011 08:49 AM

I would also like this feature, as I recently had an Audi A6 that had the one-touch up and down for all windows, and I've since been spoiled... :D

I'd also like it if I would see more buttons lit up at night. Only the driver's side switch lights up. Not the lock button, not the mirror control, not the "Info" button, not the sunroof controls, none of the passenger side or rear window controls or lock buttons. I'd love to put accent light LEDs like the orange one under the front console along the drivers door panel so I could see some of these switches at night without having to turn the interior lights on.

GREG 04-02-2011 07:16 PM

That would be a nice option. I would like to be able to see the power door lock button along with the other window switches at night. Back-lit switches would be great.

firstorbit84 04-02-2011 07:21 PM

with my A6, EVERYTHING lit up at night, even the fold out cup holder.

gringgo 04-03-2011 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by firstorbit84 (Post 271214)
Only the driver's side switch lights up. Not the lock button, not the mirror control, not the "Info" button, not the sunroof controls, none of the passenger side or rear window controls or lock buttons.

None of my switches light up. Maybe a fuse is out.

GREG 04-03-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by gringgo (Post 271262)
None of my switches light up. Maybe a fuse is out.

I doubt if a fuse is out because other lights in your Outie would be out also. At night with the headlights on if you look at your driver side window switch you should see a tiny horizontal line across the switch which is illuminated.

hotponyshoes 04-05-2011 02:11 AM

I have a spare set of drivers switch cluster,
When I get 10 mins I will pull it apart and see if the drivers door switch fits other positions.
As I said before, I don't think that (if it fits) simply swapping the switch around will give you one-touch on all the windows but (if the lighting wire is there) it may at least give you lights on the switches on all doors!

Also, google 'surface mount led strip'
This stuff is 12v, range of colours, and almost as thin as paper, I have used it to light up door pulls, footwells etc. may be small enough to fit into the cup holders and maybe light the switches somehow.

Another way that I have used in the past is to paint lines on the switch with UV reflective paint then put a UV bulb in the light housing in the headlining so anything you have put the paint on lights up at night.